Cast Iron Wood Stove for Fireplace installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
$2100....thats not real bad. But what about the stove price? Im not being nosey, its just I would have to save a long time to do it all right.
3300$ Just for the stove in 2018 I just went back and looked. Total was 5600$. I forget how much extra the enamel was. Short legs were 150$. Not cheap. Hence why the basement insert was done on a shoestring.

So you will rear vent it? Pretty easy to clean the liner with a clean out T. Did you rule out a PE T5 or T6 tucked way back in? Personally not ever having to deal with a catalytic converter and the ease of sweeping bottom up I’d choose the PE.
Not with a stove in the way. That type of setup means moving the stove every time you clean the chimney. I really dislike them

The main issue there becomes the surround covering up the fireplace tiles, which is what moved my toward stoves to begin with.
Cut the surround down to fit inside the fireplace

$2100....thats not real bad. But what about the stove price? Im not being nosey, its just I would have to save a long time to do it all right.
That is a completely different setup than you need. They had a liner installed in a masonry chimney

The enameled stove was around $5k

Not with a stove in the way. That type of setup means moving the stove every time you clean the chimney. I really dislike them
Yeah, that's likely. I'd rather move the stove than disassemble the combustor assembly every year and risk it not sealing up correctly.

Yeah, that's likely. I'd rather move the stove than disassemble the combustor assembly every year and risk it not sealing up correctly.

Just use an insert. They are designed to work in this situation

Reactions: EbS-P