Castile stain issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fvumbaca

Feb 7, 2019
Ct
9F771272-728F-43EA-825E-6036C6D7601F.jpeg
hi,

I’m kind of new to having a pellet stove. So I don’t know if this normal. My Castile insert is two years old and I’ve only burned about four tons through it. In the hopper on the left side, the sheet metal is staining. Or it could be getting discolored because of the pellets being poured in that area. I’m not really sure. Has anyone else seen this? I just want to make sure that something from the heat exchanger isn’t doing it from the the underside.

Thanks

I can see it in the pic, but a better pic would be good. kap

Reactions: Ssyko
That’s pretty much the best picture I could get. If I had to discribe it I would say it looks like shinier metal compared to the rest. Has anyone else had the same effect in their hopper?

My santa Fe is an 06, and nothing like that. Without a better pic, I can't see exactly what it is. Sorry. kap

nope mine is just beat up galvanized tin. does it look like its been Hot? blueish ring around the stain? or just black?