Castle serenity 2nd No power serenity stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Yvone

Oct 16, 2018
Central Oregon
I took off left panel to adjust the damper. Couldn't even get screw undone to adjust. Put back together, plugged in and now no power period. This Rhis is second control panel as the first that came with stove would allow it to get to 98 degrees.

Initial problems. Is tree he darn thing gets so hot and rest of house so cold. I have set manual 62 degrees and stove keeps going and going and going!

Gave a rest all summer long. We are at 4400 feet and its cold at night. But I cant run it if it keeps getting so darn hot. Thus defecating the purpose of energy saving.

Back to issue 1.... no power period. I have disconnected the control panel and reconnected several times. I have unplugged and replugged back in several times. Nothing.

Suggestions?

Have you checked the fuse

Should be on the control board

Dumb question, but is it plugged into a GFCI outlet? If so, did you reset it?

As to the stove running on and on, it likely is a setting somewhere. If you are on manual, there are 5 heat settings. Which one are you running on?

This is a 1970 mobile. So nothing to reset. I will check control panel for fuse.

They sent me the black box that has power switch and plug in. That didnt work.

My warranty is up the end of this month. So trying to figure out any possibilities.

Do I have to take control panel apart to find fuse?

Thank you for the help.
Yvone

Do you have a manual for the stove? It is available in pdf form online. Castle Serenity operator manual. On page 24, figure 20B will show you the switch location. It is supposed to have a spare fuse in the fuse cover.
Basically, the fuse is located above the power cord plug, and below the main on/off rocker switch. So no disassembly.

That's the art they sent me t replace. I replaced it and still nothing.

Think I'm gonna call someone to come and find out why as the warranty is up fr any art replacement at end of this month.

I'm stumped.

Ok. Warranty time is important for things like this.

But while you are waiting, I am curious if you have plugged something else into that outlet and see if it runs? There's an early 80s double wide here on the farm and it has outlet issues from time to time that stem from the connector between the two halves.