Cat temp never gets very high

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been able to mess with the temperature probe yet. But my moisture meter came and I tested all the wood I put in today and it was 4-15%.
Was the wood tested after being resplit, on the freshly split face of the wood, at room temperature?

Nice hope you get that sorted out, it's cold over here 30° outside I've had the,high valley running non stop since yesterday with good results, time you enjoy yours

It was in the 20s overnight here and not quite to 50 during the day so it is definitely keeping us warmer. I have barely run the furnace the last few days like this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was the wood tested after being resplit, on the freshly split face of the wood, at room temperature?

It was not fresh split. I will work in that. I loaded my wood differently this morning and am getting a better burn today. I also compared IR readings with others with this stove and I think I am able to judge better with that until I get the thermometer inserted better. beedfae25906a611f4715276a1d849b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had a split read 10% on the outside and 40% on a fresh split. So with out splitting it first then testing the info is no good.

Status
Not open for further replies.