sportbikerider78 Posted By sportbikerider78, Mar 21, 2018 at 8:09 PM

1. Highbeam

Highbeam
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2006
    Loc:
    Mt. Rainier Foothills, WA
    The air source heat pump water heater from tom above would be a great idea and the specs are great but it’s some Grey market Chinese thing with no brand reputation. We’re talking several thousand bucks for this thing.

It won’t be long and we’ll see the co2 systems that can heat domestic water and replace boilers in hydronic heat systems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    Crazy humid this week. The system isn't working much to cool because the temperature differential between inside and outside isn't much. We will try the humidification feature today, as the humidity is climbing because the system isn't running much.

This is our 3rd full day on the system and we couldn't be happier. I'll tidy up all the linesets in the next few days and post final install pics.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Soundchasm likes this.
  3. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Depending on the characteristics of your house, sometimes switching from auto fan to fan always on can make a big difference on days when it is not hot enough to make the thermostat cycle the unit on a reasonable time constant.

4. begreen

begreen
    Mooderator 2.
    NULL

Staff Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Loc:
    South Puget Sound, WA
    Happy for you man. It's great when a plan comes together.

sportbikerider78 likes this.
  5. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    It seems like auto just leaves the fan on all the time as well. I haven't noticed it turning off at all.

6. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    Yeah, I have two Mitsubishi minisplit systems, and they do the same. Heck, I've had Mitsu minisplits for about eight years now, and I still can't figure out what they're doing most of the time. There's no clear cause/effect relationship to my control inputs and system behavior, like a traditional system, but they do work! My comment reflects more the behavior I get from my traditional system, where switching the fan to manual increases comfort on days when the system might cycle insufficiently on an "auto" setting.

7. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    It could be just that the auto keeps the fan circulating (seems like speed 2) and never any slower. I suppose it has to do that in order to better air sample.
    I'm not sure what type of sensor is on the outside of it, but I have also noticed that the one in a bigger room runs speed 2-3 continuously on auto with the same settings.
    Maybe they are smarter then I am giving them credit for.

8. Ashful

Ashful
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Mar 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Philadelphia
    I have the MHK thermostat (external wall mounted with auto-change-over) on each of mine, and even with the sensor switched to the remote thermostat (an option you can control), it keeps that fan turning almost all the time. There’s intelligence built in there, but they don’t do a great job of explaining the behavior, for inquiring minds.

9. CaptSpiff

CaptSpiff
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Jan 13, 2014
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Ditto the LG. I never ran the "Dehumidify" mode because I didn't understand what "its" thinking was. No explanation in the owners manual. Finally stopped at the LG booth at an HVAC show and the Tech explained that "it" measures the incoming air temp and adjusts the coil temp to maintain a fixed lower temp. He said it maximizes the moisture removal and still "cools" the output air,... just not so much. Now that's my go to setting for when I'm not home.

Soundchasm likes this.
  10. sportbikerider78

sportbikerider78
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jun 23, 2014
    Loc:
    Syracuse, NY
    I tried the setting. Felt just like blasting the ac. Maybe I'm wrong, but it sure cooled the place down and dried it out.

11. peakbagger

peakbagger
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Jul 11, 2008
    Loc:
    Northern NH
    I run dehumidify when first turned on in humid weather for a few hours until the place dries out then I switch it cooling mode and set the fan on automatic.