Clean glass p68 - in each mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Jan 30, 2021
Northwest Arkansas
I have noticed that my glass stays clean far,far longer on stover temp vs room temp. It’s a p68 and it works great in either mode.

If it makes a difference, I vent directly out a wall (less than 3 ft) and don’t have an oak installed. House reasonably insulated in a older home.

Just curious about why this would be?

I have noticed that my glass stays clean far,far longer on stover temp vs room temp. It’s a p68 and it works great in either mode.

If it makes a difference, I vent directly out a wall (less than 3 ft) and don’t have an oak installed. House reasonably insulated in a older home.

Just curious about why this would be?
What # do you have it set at in Stove Temp? Generally, the higher temp you run your stove at, the cleaner the glass will stay. Perhaps you are running a lot in maintenance mode when in Room Temp?

Reactions: Mt Bob
In stove mode there is no, or little, ramping up and down, from hi to low-especially the very low "maintain" flame, so quite normal, I would say. Mine is the same, when really cold and using stove mode, glass does stay cleaner,longer. The worse/quickest way for a dirty glass is temp mode with igniter switch up, when stove never shuts off. At least in my experience.