Considering The Price Of Heating Oil, I Put Some Money In The Bank.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
61822 1.jpg 61822 2.jpg 61822 3.jpg

Nice! Is that oak?

Reactions: Dix
Nice! Is that oak?

Hardwood mix, split 8 - 10 months ago. Oak, maple, hickory, and others.

+ Uglies for burning when I am home.

Supplier knows his firewood, I can tell you that much.

its funny.. if i add up all my wood and convert it to what I would pay for oil.. i have like 20k dollars in firewood in my back yard

I figure I'm going for another load, or 2. The firewood guys here haven't figured out to raise their prices, yet. With what I still have to split, I'm probably not far behind you.

its funny.. if i add up all my wood and convert it to what I would pay for oil.. i have like 20k dollars in firewood in my back yard
I get all warm and fuzzy inside when my neighbors tell me they paid $800 a month for oil. I feel badly for them, they are nice people, but I just see piles of money when I look outside.

200 (7).gif

Reactions: DonTee and sloeffle
i hope it doesn't come to stealing wood this winter.

I live in a more rural area.. not to worried about it.. for others it may be an issues. My neighbors are great, we rarely talk but look out for each other. most are independent. Iv been to people's that live in developments.. People walking down the streets with mixed drinks in there hands, stopping of from house to house.. I couldn't live like that

Reactions: sloeffle
My daughter recently got a Great Pyrenees that’s supposed to be a “livestock guardian dog” to protect her chickens and ducks. Well, the only thing this dog does is hangout in the house and bark out the window. So I joke with her that the dog is actually a firewood guardian dog, and she’s guarding my oak firewood thats stacked by the house. Lol

But yeah living in the country I’m not too worried about it.

My daughter recently got a Great Pyrenees that’s supposed to be a “livestock guardian dog” to protect her chickens and ducks. Well, the only thing this dog does is hangout in the house and bark out the window. So I joke with her that the dog is actually a firewood guardian dog, and she’s guarding my oak firewood thats stacked by the house. Lol

But yeah living in the country I’m not too worried about it.

I also own a giant "guard dog" ;)

157267~2.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: Dix
Lol. Nice looking dog.

Here’s my newest guard dog. Chewing on a piece of firewood. Haha.

D215C688-DEE9-4230-AD4A-79D87C862C57.jpeg

Thanks, nice pup you have as well! Gordon will wander if with an entire 10 ft branch if I let him... he's strong enough to drag it away lol.

$150 a cord is a great price for green wood. at least here. green up here is about $250 give or take $25

$150 a cord delivered is a great price for split green wood. It costs $250 + delivery around here.

Edit - whoops someone already said that lol. I get my log length wood delivered for around $75/cord give or take. If I felt lazy one year at $150/cord I'd consider buying it if the quality was good. Doing all the processing is nice when I'm saving $200 a cord. For an extra $75/cord I'd save myself the work.

Reactions: fbelec