Corona Virus

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This was the US briefing last night.....if you jump to the 1hr2minute mark, the press starts asking the good doctor questions. It shows some hope that they do have some sort of plan in place? She seems fairly confident that there is some light at the end of the tunnel.!!!
Do your best to stop the spread.

Last edited:
Funny how the no politics is over looked if one agrees with the poster politics.
No we generally try to limit political discussion from both sides. It isn't tolerated at all in the hearth forums. But we let things go a bit more in some of the other forums

Celebrities and sports players being tested before first responders? That's messed up!

A quote from a commenter ( I love this).
"People are finally opening their eyes and realizing that sports players and celebrities are not needed, however our health care workers, farmers, teachers, truckers, etc are the most valuable asset of our nation. "

Meanwhile, my elementary school teacher wife has to go into work to prepare printed educational materials that are being distributed to students by school buses. She can't work only from home. Many students still don't have access to online learning because of a lack of internet access or computers.

Last edited:
In as much as I've never had it and don't want it, only what I read, but by the same token, I personally don't know of anyone who has recovered from it so could be all smoke and mirrors.

Only in this case I don't want to find out personally.

If you contract it and survive, please let us know what it's like....

I'm sure the country isn't a perpetual lockdown, the market went to hell and thousands died in Italy because it isn't serious. Maybe what I've read don't hold water, would be fine with me, just fine since I'm in the 'core' group of people who don't survive.

Would be nice, don't think so however.

I'll leave it at that and continue to treat it for what it is, a potential killer.

Not personally but there are quite a few stories here.

Personally, I dislike politics in general because it tends to add polarization to any discussion but in this scenario, which by the way has never happened before (and hopefully, never again), the politics is intertwined with the end game. I think Trump and the government in general is doing the best job they can. After all, this entire scenario is never been broached before.

Personally speaking, I just hope we all come out the other side unscathed and whole again. A very trying time for this country as a whole.

Scary graphic comparison: U.S. to Italy

1585063210086.png

Best viewed at the source: https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/2020/3/20/21179040/coronavirus-us-italy-not-overreacting

Funny how the no politics is over looked if one agrees with the poster politics.
Not funny. Too many here just ignore house rules. It's a pain in the ass to moderate, especially from a time zone 3 hrs later. Maybe time to close this thread. :mad:

India has now imposed a nationwide lock-down for the next 21 days.

"Under the new measures, all non-essential businesses will be closed but hospitals and other medical facilities will continue to function as normal."

I’m gonna catch it as a Paramedic, I may as well keep myself in shape. It is a very small private gym that is usually empty to 3 or 4 in it when I’m there. Just wipe down before and after using equipment.

Not mention that if I don’t bring it home the wife is an ER Nurse and Paramedic so she will give it to me.

The issue isn't you catching it, it is you spreading it to other people.

The issue isn't you catching it, it is you spreading it to other people.
Really? Who woulda thought that. Surely not a Paramedic or RN?

maybe all us emergency responders and healthcare workers should stay home and quarantine. You know, 2 weeks with no 911 or hospitals. That would sort out the problems real quick. Survival of the fittest.

Really? Who woulda thought that. Surely not a Paramedic or RN?

maybe all us emergency responders and healthcare workers should stay home and quarantine. You know, 2 weeks with no 911 or hospitals. That would sort out the problems real quick. Survival of the fittest.
I don't think that's the point. You have previously stated you WILL get it as you are about as "essential" as it gets and will absolutely be on the front lines. You won't know when you get it and potentially will spread it around before you do know. I think the point trying to be made is work cardio at home or out running rather than potentially spreading it at the gym. Even if it's only other paramedics using the equipment, why have all of you taken out at the same time?

Not funny. Too many here just ignore house rules. It's a pain in the ass to moderate, especially from a time zone 3 hrs later. Maybe time to close this thread. :mad:
As one who has stepped on the line, if not over it a few times, I'll be the first to apologize begreen. But we all appreciate what you're doing here. This is a very useful thread, please keep doing your best to keep it moving forward.

Somebody at work thought it was a good idea to buy all the employees lunch on Thursday. Gather all the employees from 2 buildings all in one place concentrate them so if one person has all the employees will be exposed. brilliant.

Not sure who else is watching the White House press conference right now, but I just caught the somewhat alarming remark that folks are fleeing NY to get away from the virus, but an estimated 0.1% of those people are unknowingly carrying the virus with them to new areas. Yikes.

Reactions: AlbergSteve
Where are the house rules? I'm pretty new here and can't find anything. Are they just unwritten "no politics or religion"? Sorry if I'm dumb...

As one who has stepped on the line, if not over it a few times, I'll be the first to apologize begreen. But we all appreciate what you're doing here. This is a very useful thread, please keep doing your best to keep it moving forward.

Yes, this please.

Reactions: Sawset
Where are the house rules? I'm pretty new here and can't find anything. Are they just unwritten "no politics or religion"? Sorry if I'm dumb...
Forum rules are at the top of this forum (not thread)
Hearth.com house rules

Same here. Sometimes that line is hard to discern.
Also, I much appreciate your
efforts.

Reactions: Seasoned Oak
If it could be kept civil it wouldnt be a problem ,but thats hard to do. A lot of passion on both sides tends to boil over. Dont quite understand the animosity though,why should anyone insist everyone else share their opinion. I like a good humorous political joke no matter which side its directed at ,but not the hate drivel.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alpine1 and bholler
I just got off work ,what did i miss? Any cures?

Can’t make toilet paper but can make a redneck bidet out of a garden hose. Better than nothing and quite invigorating!
TMI !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.