Covid lockdown???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope no one needs serious medical care right now. My son's partner had serious complications yesterday evening, the suspicion being food poisoning from some to-go food. Called 9-11 and they needed to get her to an ER. Had to go two towns up to Edmunds because Seattle hospitals have no beds. This wave is exploding fast.

Similar here. Buddy is a ER nurse. They have a stacked waiting room with several hr waits and diverting some completely out of state due to zero bed space in the rest of the local hospitals. Crazy.

Similar here. Buddy is a ER nurse. They have a stacked waiting room with several hr waits and diverting some completely out of state due to zero bed space in the rest of the local hospitals. Crazy.
It is madness, considering this was preventable.

Our best friend is an RN in an ICU. And she just took a leave of absence because she said she just couldn't handle another round right now mentally or physically.

Yes, I've seen the same happening on the hospital rehab dept's and nursing home my wife works. In the former many of the serious cases end up if they survive. The latter was the source of many fatalities here.
Workload in both is increasing again.

Reactions: bholler
This has been the true measure of the cost of Covid - the strain on the healthcare system. Look at how many ICU beds are available and that tells you go bad it is.

But outside the healthcare system, a lot of people have moved on from wanting to deal with this. No mask, no distancing, no nothing. Like others have said, the cold weather of Autumn and going back to schools could make this very bad. I hope not.

On the positive news side, I saw some news of new treatment drugs being developed in Israel that look very good at treating Covid.

Reactions: SpaceBus
Saw some major denial over the weekend in a chat with my wife's niece, living in South Carolina. A couple weeks ago they came down with covid. They were very sick and on the edge of being sent to the hospital. High fever, aches, no energy, and loss of smell/taste. They have mostly recovered though her husband still has loss of smell and their energy level is low, but here is the corker. This was on a family zoom call for her birthday and to everyone's surprise, she said that she didn't think it was covid. When asked what the heck she thought it was then she replied that there was a lot of sickness going around and she must have just picked it up. We agreed, yes there is a lot of sickness in her community and it is covid-19. She refuses to get tested. Needless to say her siblings and all were gobsmacked.

Saw some major denial over the weekend in a chat with my wife's niece, living in South Carolina. A couple weeks ago they came down with covid. They were very sick and on the edge of being sent to the hospital. High fever, aches, no energy, and loss of smell/taste. They have mostly recovered though her husband still has loss of smell and their energy level is low, but here is the corker. This was on a family zoom call for her birthday and to everyone's surprise, she said that she didn't think it was covid. When asked what the heck she thought it was then she replied that there was a lot of sickness going around and she must have just picked it up. We agreed, yes there is a lot of sickness in her community and it is covid-19. She refuses to get tested. Needless to say her siblings and all were gobsmacked.

Like one of my anti-everything coworkers. Saying how everyone is getting these terrible colds this summer that last for weeks. Oh but Covid has nothing to do with it.

Over the winter they were saying how the masking, distancing, sanitizing…. has nothing to do with how there was very little flu. Said that 2 viruses can’t exist in the world at the same time.

Sounds like my nurse daughter will leave the profession Oct.1. She is hoping to go help a friend who just opened a small town butcher shop! A much needed service right now. Strange twist. Hope it works out.
Enough is enough! With 3 young children she was up to her neck in nursing staff that would continuously come up with excuses to miss work. The majority of these abusers are single with zero kids. Guess who gets leaned on to cover these people..... Done. I am happy for her. She is to young to live that way.

Reactions: fbelec and bholler
You mean relying on the proven scientific fact that asymptomatic carriers can spread the virus is a tired argument?? Can you elaborate a bit more?

I still haven't heard any explanation of how lockdowns extended the virus.

And just for the record I worked the whole time as well other than a quarantine period when our employee got covid.

The numbers are based upon the cause of death listed on the death certificate. Just because a deceased person tested positive does not mean that was listed as cause of death. That’s such a tired argument and subject anymore. It’s been 18 months you need new material.
If Covid was a deadly, deadly virus, as the fake, woke, biased media claims.......

Why would Gret Whitmer travel to Florida to visit her Father??? in the middle of a "deadly" pandemic!! when she had imposed a lockdown in her state.

Why was Newson caught breaking his own Covid restrictions right after he made them law???

Why did the Texas Democrats fly to DC unmasked, when everyone has to wear a mask on a plane???
What about Obama's birthday party????
There are many other instances just like this!!

The bottom line is=they know its not as bad as what they want you to believe, or you couldn't get these people out of they're basement.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: maple1
I am sorry, but creating your view of an issue by basing it on the (indeed, if true, inconsistent) stupidity of others is a dangerous proposition. Instead, listening to those knowledgeable about these things (as in medical professionals including epidemiologists) makes more sense.

I note that you do the same (listening to those with the background to actually give sound advice) when you have fireplace or chimney safety concerns - you don't listen to folks showing inconsistent and unsafe behavior in particular when they are not fireplace or chimney experts *after having invested time to professionally learn the issues*.

I had high hopes this time last year that we would be in better shape then we are now.. This seriously is not going the way we all hoped it would be. Im really curious on what next August will look like.. to many people walking around like nothings going on..

I am sorry, but creating your view of an issue by basing it on the (indeed, if true, inconsistent) stupidity of others is a dangerous proposition. Instead, listening to those knowledgeable about these things (as in medical professionals including epidemiologists) makes more sense.

I note that you do the same (listening to those with the background to actually give sound advice) when you have fireplace or chimney safety concerns - you don't listen to folks showing inconsistent and unsafe behavior in particular when they are not fireplace or chimney experts *after having invested time to professionally learn the issues*.
Wake up!! These "stupid" people know its not true.

All these "professionals" that you speak of, are politically and financially motivated.
The professional that aren't, and speak the truth, are censored or deleted.
Did you notice that the video someone had posted earlier in this forum is no longer available??? I wonder why?
I am not denying Covid, as I believe I had it myself. it was the equivalent of a bad flu.
Dr. Fauci said= wearing a mask in a pandemic, gives you a false sense of security.
He later retracted that statement, because he got too much backlash.
Doesn't matter if it is the truth.

If a scientist told you, a bumble bee cant fly, but you see them flying with your own eyes, would you still believe that scientist???
I am a conservative Christian, and we have thousands of members from NY, PA, VA, MO, WI, IN, and I have not heard of a single Covid death!!
And you expect me to believe Fauci!!

Reactions: clancey
Wake up!! These "stupid" people know its not true.

All these "professionals" that you speak of, are politically and financially motivated.
The professional that aren't, and speak the truth, are censored or deleted.
Did you notice that the video someone had posted earlier in this forum is no longer available??? I wonder why?
I am not denying Covid, as I believe I had it myself. it was the equivalent of a bad flu.
Dr. Fauci said= wearing a mask in a pandemic, gives you a false sense of security.
He later retracted that statement, because he got too much backlash.
Doesn't matter if it is the truth.

If a scientist told you, a bumble bee cant fly, but you see them flying with your own eyes, would you still believe that scientist???
I am a conservative Christian, and we have thousands of members from NY, PA, VA, MO, WI, IN, and I have not heard of a single Covid death!!
And you expect me to believe Fauci!!
I don't care if you have heard of any deaths or not. They are real . I lost 3 customers an uncle and our police chief to covid. One of my best friends who was an RN in a covid unit has seen hundreds die. Open your eyes.

I don't care if you have heard of any deaths or not. They are real . I lost 3 customers an uncle and our police chief to covid. One of my best friends who was an RN in a covid unit has seen hundreds die. Open your eyes.
They're deaths were the straw that broke the camels back. Let me clarify= Covid was not the only health issue they had.
I saw some reports that said the people dying of Covid had an AVERAGE of 2.7 other major health issues!
Why aren't all the slums on the streets dead???
Why is the southern border still open, to people carrying "deadly" Covid?

They're deaths were the straw that broke the camels back. Let me clarify= Covid was not the only health issue they had.
I saw some reports that said the people dying of Covid had an AVERAGE of 2.7 other major health issues!
Why aren't all the slums on the streets dead???
Why is the southern border still open, to people carrying "deadly" Covid?
So just because they had other issues that means that the disease that killed them isn't real????

And for the record homeless people are dying. Immigrants are dying people in other countries are dying. This is not a political or religious issues it is a health issue. Why do you insist on making it something it isn't?

So just because they had other issues that means that the disease that killed them isn't real????
Oh, I believe it's real.
Just like the flu, and pneumonia, and the common cold. I actually even believe it deadlier then the others listed.
But it doesn't kill healthy people.
So if I had one leg in the grave, and the other on a banana peel, I might be worried about it.
Funny thing is, to most Americans I would be considered a health nut. But I'm not worried about covid. And I agree with anyone that says we are in a Health crisis, but it's not covid. It's obesity, it's diabetes, it's prescription drugs, it's recreational drugs, and the list goes on and on...

Oh, I believe it's real.
Just like the flu, and pneumonia, and the common cold. I actually even believe it deadlier then the others listed.
But it doesn't kill healthy people.
So if I had one leg in the grave, and the other on a banana peel, I might be worried about it.
Funny thing is, to most Americans I would be considered a health nut. But I'm not worried about covid. And I agree with anyone that says we are in a Health crisis, but it's not covid. It's obesity, it's diabetes, it's prescription drugs, it's recreational drugs, and the list goes on and on...
But it does kill healthy people. Granted that is fairly rare but it absolutely happens.

It also kills lots of people who were otherwise living relatively well with their other health issues

People also seem to ignore the fact that lots of people even if they survive can have long lasting and serious side effects caused by covid which are completely unrelated to other conditions they may or may not have.

I do absolutely agree we have other pretty serious national health issues going on. But that doesn't explain away all of the deaths in other countries from covid that don't have those same issues. And just because we have other issues here doesn't mean covid isn't an issue.

There are some people on here that would like to discuss this further but no way can we because we would be censored immediately and the thread would be closed because you "hold all the keys" talk about "free speak" and different "points of view" and not getting political even if we "try our best"---give the other side a chance once in awhile to explain "what we mean" because it could very well save peoples lives "if" you knew the other side of the story...God Bless America and I pray every single day for our country...clancey

There are some people on here that would like to discuss this further but no way can we because we would be censored immediately and the thread would be closed because you "hold all the keys" talk about "free speak" and different "points of view" and not getting political even if we "try our best"---give the other side a chance once in awhile to explain "what we mean" because it could very well save peoples lives "if" you knew the other side of the story...God Bless America and I pray every single day for our country...clancey
Explain away. I only close threads if they turn hopelessly political or hostile. Or they are based upon complete misinformation.

I don't agree with finger lakes and honestly thought their original statement was rediculous. But after discussing a bit I can agree with allot of what they are saying. I still don't agree completely and that's fine. But nothing was censored. Different points of views are fine and encouraged. But I don't allow clear mis information.

It comes back to where you get your info. From the politicians and media, or reality.
If you are hunkered in your basement just listening to the mainstream media, it is no wonder you are scared. Because if you have fear, you will not have commen sense.
Classic example is a human stampede, where they trample people to death. I am not accusing anyone of not having commen sense, just saying when fear comes, commen sense flies away.

Last edited:
Explain away. I only close threads if they turn hopelessly political or hostile. Or they are based upon complete misinformation.

I don't agree with finger lakes and honestly thought their original statement was rediculous. But after discussing a bit I can agree with allot of what they are saying. I still don't agree completely and that's fine. But nothing was censored. Different points of views are fine and encouraged. But I don't allow clear mis information.
Thank you for that!
A quote that i really like is= always listen to your critics.
Doesnt mean you have to agree, but censoring, deleting, blocking your critics is a sure sign of a dictator.

Reactions: bholler
Thank you for that!
A quote that i really like is= always listen to your critics.
Doesnt mean you have to agree, but censoring, deleting, blocking your critics is a sure sign of a dictator.
And as long as we are having an open, honest, discussion about Covid, i would like to add this.
The test they use for Covid is faulty. Way to many false positives.
They know this and are going to start using another test in December. Why they want to wait till December to start using the other test, i dont know. Again i suspect money and politics.

The only numbers i feel are worth paying attention to, are the total # of deaths in the US. No, not the Covid deaths, all deaths vs other years. I tried to find the numbers on the CDC website for total deaths to date, vs other years to date, but i could not find it.
If someone can find it and paste a link, that would be great.

FLF----Where I get my information from is as valid as yours and as far as main stream media is concerned "most of them are down right liars".. ( I am referring to posting #196 where you used my prior posting---yes I have a right to speak or write too on here as long as it does not get too personal and this topic is important and national as well. I hope they keep the thread but I doubt it especially if I would raise my voice so I need to be quiet and believe me there is a whole bunch of information that I would like to say but do not want to stop your voice by a closed thread...clancey

FLF----Where I get my information from is as valid as yours and as far as main stream media is concerned "most of them are down right liars".. ( I am referring to posting #196 where you used my prior posting---yes I have a right to speak or write too on here as long as it does not get too personal and this topic is important and national as well. I hope they keep the thread but I doubt it especially if I would raise my voice so I need to be quiet and believe me there is a whole bunch of information that I would like to say but do not want to stop your voice by a closed thread...clancey
Please dont hold back on my account.
The truth shall make you free...
My only wish is that people start seeing whats really happening, and not what the media says is happening.
My heart goes out to the children headed back to school, and the way they are being used as pawns in the mask scam. To the detriment of theyre health.

Status
Not open for further replies.