Covid lockdown???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New cases this month.
5/1 - 9
5/2 - 8
5/3 - 7
5/4 - 11
5/5 - 10
5/6 - 8
5/7 - 6
5/8 - ?
5/9 - ?
5/10 - 34
5/11 - 14
5/12 - 16
5/13 - 14
5/14 - 19
5/15 - 10
5/16 - 10
5/17 - 5

We'll see if the Covid cases jump up again this fall. Last year at this time, the new daily cases dropped off big time even without people getting vaccinated.

We're down to single digits pretty much everyday except last weekend when we had 11 each day.
1622161682717.png

Michigan new daily cases finally dropped below 1000 a few days ago.
WA state is fluctuating above and below that line right now. I'm a bit concerned as travel increases. A cruise ship can dump thousands into Seattle at one time.

WA state is fluctuating above and below that line right now. I'm a bit concerned as travel increases. A cruise ship can dump thousands into Seattle at one time.

Same here, this weekend is the unofficial start of summer and it’s a heavy tourist area. Mother Nature doesn’t seem to agree, it’s been in the 30s and 40s all week with bitter winds off the lake.

We are still in another complete lockdown....most storefronts are closed with curbside only....had to cut my own hair Again. Barbers have been closed for the last 8 weeks or so.....the story keeps changing on the requirements to "reopen"....,not sure when the land border crossing scenario will resume to normal yet. Our province numbers are right around 1000 daily currently....they were over 3000 daily a month or so ago.

We are still in another complete lockdown....most storefronts are closed with curbside only....had to cut my own hair Again. Barbers have been closed for the last 8 weeks or so.....the story keeps changing on the requirements to "reopen"....,not sure when the land border crossing scenario will resume to normal yet. Our province numbers are right around 1000 daily currently....they were over 3000 daily a month or so ago.
What is the vaccination scenario there?

Questions. NJ lifted the mask mandate indoors for those vaccinated. #1 how do they know? #2 if you're now vaccinated what difference does it make if I, no jab, do not wear the muzzle?

That is a question circulating around the country. Most here continue to wear masks indoors. How does one trust a people cooperating and using common sense, especially after seeing people filling plastic shopping bags with gasoline a couple of weeks ago? Without a doubt, there are people that don't understand science or don't care about others. When in doubt, cover up.

Questions. NJ lifted the mask mandate indoors for those vaccinated. #1 how do they know? #2 if you're now vaccinated what difference does it make if I, no jab, do not wear the muzzle?

I keep the mask same as before. At least for the people I know, 9 times out of 10 the ones who refuse to mask are the same ones who refuse to vaccinate. Besides, with all the variants developing, there could be one that evades the vaccine. Also it’s been nice not getting flu or seasonal allergies.

#2, One can be a carrier and asymptomatic. That helps the disease spread. The way this disease is going to be defeated is by getting enough of the population immune so that it only pops up in pockets and can not spread beyond that pocket. Think of it like a wildfire. So it matters a lot that one is not vaccinated and can be a spreader without knowing it. This is not different from other vaccination programs. The only change is that this one has been politicized, to the detriment of society.

Last edited:
Reactions: bholler
I'm not fond of masks but I wear one
I don't wear it for me but I do wear it for the greater good

Still no answer, especially to #2
I am.south of you..they lifted the mask mandate, but that being said,I still see every one wearing their mask, my family included. My county only had 12 cases yesterday. I think that many people have changed how they are going things. We have in our house. We went out to eat Saturday.. we ordered our meal and ate in the car. We stay away from the shore or the really crowded areas.. or if we do go somewhere.. we will do the least busy times..

Because the more the virus is spread around the more likely it is to mutate. The more variations out there the more likely the vaccine will not be effective against one. We are vaccinated but still wear masks and our kids are not vaccinated because they aren't able to be yet. So if you were to contaminate me I could bring it home or out to the car to them.

Reactions: vinny11950
The Delta variant almost guarantees we will be dealing with Covid well into the fall and winter, maybe seeing another spike in unvaccinated people. This variant is highly contagious, and in Israel, a country with high vaccination rates, the health ministry is estimating the Delta variant is infecting vaccinated people too. Ugh.

Delta plus Covid variant: Here's what you need to know (cnbc.com)

The Delta variant almost guarantees we will be dealing with Covid well into the fall and winter, maybe seeing another spike in unvaccinated people. This variant is highly contagious, and in Israel, a country with high vaccination rates, the health ministry is estimating the Delta variant is infecting vaccinated people too. Ugh.

Delta plus Covid variant: Here's what you need to know (cnbc.com)
Unfortunately, there are states where the Delta variant is going to run rampant due to low vaccination rates. That will give it the opportunity to mutate. The sad thing is that it affects young people more. We are not done with this beast.

It seems likely though that does not help the unvaccinated.

Last edited:
Sad to say I am starting to think of folks who are intentionally avoiding vaccination as Darwin Award Candidates :(. No matter how well intentioned, they are risking themselves and those who can not be vaccinated. There is an obvious political component to this but virus's do not vote, they are equal opportunity killers.

My eldest is refusing the shot. Because of that, his mother has banned
him from family gatherings. Every time I see him all I want to do is grab
a 2x4 and wack him up the side of the head. Maybe knock some sense in to him
He says he is afraid of what it (vaccine) might do to him in 10/20 years.
We are afraid of what might (or will) happen in the next year. No parent
wants to bury their child !!

My eldest is refusing the shot. Because of that, his mother has banned
him from family gatherings. Every time I see him all I want to do is grab
a 2x4 and wack him up the side of the head. Maybe knock some sense in to him
He says he is afraid of what it (vaccine) might do to him in 10/20 years.
We are afraid of what might (or will) happen in the next year. No parent
wants to bury their child !!

I've heard that same argument from people who then go and smoke a cigarette, or a vape pen, or drink soda, or eat fried food, etc.

Like you do all that stuff and there's well documented problems associated with those things but a vaccine is where you all the sudden draw the line because it's (in your mind) unsafe?

Reactions: begreen and bholler
Status
Not open for further replies.