Covid scare

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I’m not sure what to believe a simple google search gives you a different answer.

Did you go to the linked studies in that article and read them? If you had you would see they don't say natural immunity is better than natural immunity and vaccine combined.

Natural immunity and vaccine is the most effective. But with natural immunity comes the risks of having covid. The vaccine is much safer.

I’ll check it out. I had covid in October and had very mild symptoms. I chose to not get vaccinated because very little testing and information is available for people trying to have children. As I said earlier much that we have been told about covid turns out to be not true. Experts can’t even agree where covid originated from. A year ago if someone suggested covid came from a lab they were censored and accused of providing false information.

I’ll check it out. I had covid in October and had very mild symptoms. I chose to not get vaccinated because very little testing and information is available for people trying to have children. As I said earlier much that we have been told about covid turns out to be not true. Experts can’t even agree where covid originated from. A year ago if someone suggested covid came from a lab they were censored and accused of providing false information.
How could any of the vaccines effect having children any more than having covid?

How could any of the vaccines effect having children any more than having covid?
I’m not a medical doctor and couldn’t tell you how the contents of a vaccine could possibly effect fertility. Increased Autism was once believed to be related to a vaccine. Can you say for sure that a rushed vaccine will have zero negative effects on a unborn fetus? Our government cannot even agree on where covid originated from. I’ll take my chances.

I’m not a medical doctor and couldn’t tell you how the contents of a vaccine could possibly effect fertility. Increased Autism was once believed to be related to a vaccine. Can you say for sure that a rushed vaccine will have zero negative effects on a unborn fetus? Our government cannot even agree on where covid originated from. I’ll take my chances.
Lots of things have been attributed to vaccines. But there is not really any evidence of most of them other than a small percentage of people who react badly to them. And of course a much lower infection rate.

Have previous vaccines using the exact same techniques caused fertility issues? Is there any evidence of danger to an unborn fetus?

Lots of things have been attributed to vaccines. But there is not really any evidence of most of them other than a small percentage of people who react badly to them. And of course a much lower infection rate.

Have previous vaccines using the exact same techniques caused fertility issues? Is there any evidence of danger to an unborn fetus?
The covid vaccine is not the same as any other vaccine. I can’t tell you what it is in it but it most likely does not contain the same thing as the polio vaccine or the smallpox vaccine. The covid vaccine will not prevent covid either hence my original question has any study been done saying how much the vaccine diminishes symptoms.

When the people in charge of protecting us aren’t transparent about the origins of covid it leads to skepticism. There are other ways to treat covid other than a vaccine. The problem is covid became a political pawn that has prevented A lot of information from being said

The covid vaccine is not the same as any other vaccine. I can’t tell you what it is in it but it most likely does not contain the same thing as the polio vaccine or the smallpox vaccine. The covid vaccine will not prevent covid either hence my original question has any study been done saying how much the vaccine diminishes symptoms.
No they are not the same as polio or smallpox vaccines. 2 of them are mRNA vaccines which have been in development since the 70s and used effectively against ebola. The other is a adenovirus vector vaccine that type had been used since the 70s.

I don't know what the origin of COVID-19 has to do with the side effects of the vaccines quite honestly. And yes there are treatments available some are effective some are not. But the best way to avoid complications from covid is still to not get it.

And again the covid vaccines do greatly reduce the risk of contracting the virus just like every other vaccine. And like every other vaccine they are not 100% effective. They are more effective than some and less effective than others

I would like to suggest that something as complicated as determining the origin of a virus is not an easy task. It's not a case of not being transparent, I think they really have not come to a conclusion.

As far as how the virus originated, I think we are at the mercy of the country it came from.

I would like to suggest that something as complicated as determining the origin of a virus is not an easy task. It's not a case of not being transparent, I think they really have not come to a conclusion.
Especially when it involves getting information from China. They are far from transparent

Reactions: fire_man
Maybe I read something wrong somewhere but I was under the impression that the covid vaccine gave you zero protection from contracting covid and only weakened the symptoms. Our government doesn’t seem to be pressuring china to come clean about covid orgins

Maybe I read something wrong somewhere but I was under the impression that the covid vaccine gave you zero protection from contracting covid and only weakened the symptoms. Our government doesn’t seem to be pressuring china to come clean about covid orgins
If that is what you read it was wildly inaccurate. Now the effectiveness is less with the new variants because that is not what the vaccines were developed to combat.

I am curious how you know if our govt is pressuring China.

What the science says and what the government says are not the same thing. True, I do not know what pressure if any our government is putting on china to tell the truth. It wasn’t very long ago that Facebook censored anyone who suggested covid may have come from a lab rather than a wet market. If our government had anything to do with funding that lab we may never know the truth.

You don't have to look far to see that the vaccines are helping. Look at any state data and compare hospitalizations, cases, and deaths. You will see a significant difference starting in spring 2021 compared to anything from 2020. Even if the case numbers are higher now, deaths are lower and so are hospitalizations. At least that is the case in Maine and many other highly vaccinated states. I can't speak to all states because I don't have the time to look into all of that data. Rather than reference nationwide trends, focus more on your specific state or region. That data is the most relevant to your life. Don't dwell as much on case numbers either, hospitalizations are the most important metric. I get that not a lot of folk die from covid, but a lot more died from covid than any other respiratory illness in the last 100 years. Death is also not the only outcome from covid, there exists other states besides death and asymptomatic. I do not fear dying of covid as much as being crippled by it. I have enough problems without being short of breath for foreseeable future. The statistics and data are confusing and difficult to interpret, just know that if my chances of winning the lottery were the same as getting hospitalized or killed by covid I would be buying tickets by the pallet.

Unfortunately this all proves the the experts are grasping at straws. The virus changes.
Remember "15 days to slow the spread". Then surgical masks or any face covering, now n95 masks, next it will be portable head bubbles with scba (self contained breathing aparatus) systems.
Can you imagine the size of the CDC's budget and how well they were prepared for something like this? Totally unprepared!

Just as you'd listen to a firefighter coming to your home when there is a fire, who observes but doesn't know everything yet, who makes decisions in how to attack the fire but therefore also makes mistakes in those decisions - I would still listen to them. Because they have seen much more than the home owner, because they have experience.
Just as that, I take the advice from the epidemiologists, the doctors, etc. Because they have seen much much more than I have.

Were mistakes made? Sure. That happens. And yes, let's point out those mistakes, so that lessons can be learned and less mistakes will be made when the next disaster happens.

Unfortunately this all proves the the experts are grasping at straws. The virus changes.
Remember "15 days to slow the spread". Then surgical masks or any face covering, now n95 masks, next it will be portable head bubbles with scba (self contained breathing aparatus) systems.
Can you imagine the size of the CDC's budget and how well they were prepared for something like this? Totally unprepared!
They would have been much more prepared if the pre existing pandemic response plan had been left in place and used. But it was discarded simply because it was made by the previous administration and it was thought that it wouldn't be needed.

And yes of course mistakes were made. This is a situation no one in office had dealt with before and an unknown disease. Of course there will be mistakes

$7 billion CDC budget 2019 prior to the pandemic. Even now with inflation that's a substantial budget.

$7 billion CDC budget 2019 prior to the pandemic. Even now with inflation that's a substantial budget.
Yes and Incase you didn't notice they do allot. Not sure what that has to do with the issue honestly

There is some truth to that. The previous administration had a pandemic plan in place and a step-by-step playbook ready in case one happened. A new team was brought in and the playbook was tossed out and ignored when the actual pandemic occurred. National health, and this office should not be political.

The sad thing is look how big tech has profited from this pandemic. No wonder they would like to censor any ones opinions that does not align with theirs. It appears go fund me is planning to give the 10 million dollars raised in Canada to support truckers who don’t support being vaccinated to charity even.

The sad thing is look how big tech has profited from this pandemic. No wonder they would like to censor any ones opinions that does not align with theirs. It appears go fund me is planning to give the 10 million dollars raised in Canada to support truckers who don’t support being vaccinated to charity even.
So now capitalism is bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.