Craigslist ID

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

FaithfulWoodsman

Minister of Fire
Nov 17, 2015
Geographic Center of Ohio
Anybody want to take a shot at this. Could be black walnut, but something just doesn't look right to me. Cut a bur oak last year that from a distance looked very similar. I may go get it if I think its some good BTU's. No other pics than this one from the add: https://columbus.craigslist.org/zip/5924318040.html

00t0t_540sLQZZnwZ_600x450.jpg

I'll throw a guess at red elm out there....have processed a bunch lately and the stuff I had looked similar to the picture.

example pic shown:003-jpg.74779.jpg

Last edited:
Walnut has a deeper farrow in the bark. I'm going with red elm also, which when seasoned is a great burning wood.

Oooooohhhhhhh I didn't think red elm. May have to check this one out. Thx fellas.

Looks like good hardwood. I'd go get it. I wish they had stuff like that around here on CL.

Ha! contacted him. It's gone. Didn't even take a day. Oh well, plenty of other scrounge wood around for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.