Dad's workshop/mancave

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Badfish740

Minister of Fire
Oct 3, 2007
So since I have one on the way I figure every Dad needs a basement workshop right? I started this a long time ago, but just put the finishing touches on it today since I wasn't going anywhere else with flooded roads, downed trees, and wires everywhere. It's not pretty-the cabinets were salvaged as was everything else:

IMG_0903.jpg

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0901.jpg

IMG_0900.jpg

I like the Hearth.com page up on your lap-top/net-book... Just being nosy, but is there back-draft dampers on your Englander furnace? They may be housed inside the pipe. But the Dampers I have, have spots on the outside, that cleary make it visible. (Hinge holes)

Very Nice though. I have a Man Cave I made about 7 yrs ago. It has a 12' Bar that I built myself (Custom glass top/with pics of anything and everything underneath it), Pool Table, Foose Ball table, Dart Board, Card table, Large Radio, T.V., Etc... In a room beside where the Englander 30-NC is going....

Its heated! For me thats the big part.

DexterDay said:
I like the Hearth.com page up on your lap-top/net-book... Just being nosy, but is there back-draft dampers on your Englander furnace? They may be housed inside the pipe. But the Dampers I have, have spots on the outside, that cleary make it visible. (Hinge holes)

It does but you can't see it since the duct feeds into the backside of the plenum-I put it as close to the plenum as possible so as to avoid any backflow into the delivery duct at all. The Laptop is actually my sound system-I had an old speaker/subwoofer system from college that used to provide the soundtrack for parties via the laptop that I put to work down there. Now I just tune into my favorite radio station online because it's a lot better than trying to get reception over the air in a basement.

DexterDay said:
Very Nice though. I have a Man Cave I made about 7 yrs ago. It has a 12' Bar that I built myself (Custom glass top/with pics of anything and everything underneath it), Pool Table, Foose Ball table, Dart Board, Card table, Large Radio, T.V., Etc... In a room beside where the Englander 30-NC is going....

Thanks-it'll be a nice little retreat for when we have company over-the womenfolk can sit on the other side (I'm the process of finishing it into a family room) while the men retreat to the shop to throw back a few cold ones (I'm keeping my eye out for a yard sale mini fridge), sit by the fire, and talk about tools, guns, beer, etc... ;) I'm most proud of the worktable itself-the top is made from solid oak tops I got from a restaurant that had closed. The stand was a crate used to ship outboard motors. The toolboard was something I've been wanting to do for years-one thing I learned from high school metal shop is that when you have a toolboard you always know when something is out of place or missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.