Dangers of storing wood indoors (garage) - Thoughts?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HI everyone,

Are there any concerns with storing my firewood in my garage (attached to my home) or against my house outside? Termites? or any other potential threats like mold, etc?

Very interested in your thoughts, experiences, opinions.

Thanks.
I started using Envi blocks last year. They are no problem in the garage as they are bug free and stack easily. I now only use 2 cords a season and mostly use the Envi's. The cord wood I have is only stuff I scrounge for free over time and split myself so I know how well seasoned it is and I only use near perfect splits. My wife will only load the Envi's because they are so much easier than logs. I have to say my chimney is really clear as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.