Dedicated Wood Scrounger...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Happy Stacker

Jan 6, 2018
SW Ontario, Canada

I want to know if he made it home ?

Reactions: Happy Stacker
I saw this on Facebook. I thought, “How long before I see a Hearth.com thread on this?”

That is just so wrong at so many levels. A+ for effort. I can only imagine how they got it in the van. Scary stuff.

That is just so wrong at so many levels. A+ for effort. I can only imagine how they got it in the van. Scary stuff.
Given that the portion protruding from the van is longer than the portion that’s in the van, and the roof is not bulging up from the log being cantelevered against the ceiling, I just figured this was a Photoshop job. I can’t believe the log is actually being suspended, as shown.

Reactions: fbelec
Given that the portion protruding from the van is longer than the portion that’s in the van, and the roof is not bulging up from the log being cantelevered against the ceiling, I just figured this was a Photoshop job. I can’t believe the log is actually being suspended, as shown.

Photochop was my initial thought. The weight of a log that size would most likely crumble the rear body of that vehicle. At best the end of the log would be on the ground. No way the van would support it with that much overhang. Of course the owner might have modified and beefed up the suspension. NOT :)

I want to call photoshop on this also, but .... I also want to really believe someone was actually dumb enough to do this.

The Facts:
1998-ish Dodge Caravan
Black Walnut,
Log worth more than the vehicle
Rear of log jacked up with floor jack to prevent dragging (see image)

Possibilities:
Front of log chained down to counteract cantilever effect.

I thought photoshop at first too. But what makes me think it's real is 3 different angles and the shadow on the ground from the tree trunk. I can't imagine trying to drive the vehicle however.

I want to call photoshop on this also, but .... I also want to really believe someone was actually dumb enough to do this.

The Facts:
1998-ish Dodge Caravan
Black Walnut,
Log worth more than the vehicle
Rear of log jacked up with floor jack to prevent dragging (see image)

Possibilities:
Front of log chained down to counteract cantilever effect.

View attachment 226286

I missed the jack job. Now that I take a good look, by jeez it looks legit. Now this changes my whole outlook on this. Dude, Manly would love to hang with you. Tooling about town would be a hoot in this bad low rider. Pull up and party on the log. Think of the possibilities. One thing I would suggest is a support wheel attached to end of the log. It would add extra support to the van and improve the ride quality. This guy knows how to use and get his moneys worth out of a work vehicle. My guess is he's a fleet manager who lives in a tiny house. Just a hunch. Manly for sure :)

Reactions: Happy Stacker
must hollow wood the tires are not bulging

Why would you not cut it up at take a few trips....... Looks fake to me but who knows

do you know the value of that black walnut tree? it must be millions :)

Reactions: fishki and JimBear
i have put wood in our mini van, but not that much!

Minivans were apparently a stupid invention for hauling around 50 pound kids, but more built for hauling massive 3000 pound logs.
I think its time to buy one for myself, seriously look at the pics, I personally would've had to hook a trailer onto my truck to grab that log.
Minivan... not so, stuff that baby in there and get on down the road.

Reactions: JimBear
Minivans were apparently a stupid invention for hauling around 50 pound kids, but more built for hauling massive 3000 pound logs.
I think its time to buy one for myself, seriously look at the pics, I personally would've had to hook a trailer onto my truck to grab that log.
Minivan... not so, stuff that baby in there and get on down the road.

How true you are. That particular early model minivan was rebranded as the Lowland Utility Humper by the US Marines. Used throughout the Middle East theater and on pacific island stages. A real beast and workhorse she is. :)