Dell Point Europa 75

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I put my Dellpoint 75 in the basement as heat rises. I put a bag a day in it throughout the cold weather season and it heats the whole house very nicely. I like these pellet stoves so much more than a oil furnace or gas furnace. More reliable and with regular cleaning they can last a long time. I found a place that sells parts for mine so I plan on keeping it for quite awhile.

I put my Dellpoint 75 in the basement as heat rises. I put a bag a day in it throughout the cold weather season and it heats the whole house very nicely. I like these pellet stoves so much more than a oil furnace or gas furnace. More reliable and with regular cleaning they can last a long time. I found a place that sells parts for mine so I plan on keeping it for quite awhile.

I want your basement. You can keep the house. >>

As a dealer, we still can provide the factory gasketing which would cost less than $35 shipped and it would be the right size. FPI/Regency Dellpoint did not overcharge for parts/supplies.
hi
i have been heating only with the dellpoint for six winters now.
i love the stove its been very low maintenance but the blowers and augers have got unbearably noisey , in my search for solutions i found this thread about airsealing, since i cant adjust by burn pot high enough i assume i need to adress air sealing too.
when the unit was a year old i had the motors all replaced under warranty for noise and they were quiet for two months and got louder than before.
any suggestions on noise reduction and also where i could get the parts necc for air sealing.
its been my only source of heat going on my 7th season now and i would like to keep it in service.

thanks---pat

Wow just wow, my friend installed my Dell on Saturday in my dining room, the house was at 42 degrees on Sunday I got pellets and firestarter, then I lit it, waited 30 mins and started it, within 2hrs my house was 55 degrees, by the next morning 71 degrees, bear in mind we have 3 floors, old house no insulation, I lowered it to #3 setting, and when we left down to #1 setting, and it stays at 64 degrees this is amazing I still need to get my oil furnace fixed as a back up but no more $600 oil bills for me, wished I had switched years ago, after 3 days I am a convert.

Our experience has been much better. We have sold over 20 stoves since 2006 and all of them are operating. Regency/FPI was the builder of the stoves we have sold. All of our stoves were sold after Regency/FPI stopped production very early in their 3 years of production to address operation issues. Anything that was in dealers possession or under warranty was or could have been updated by Regency/FPI.

We still are selling Dellpoint and have all the parts available. We have the Paromax Dellpoint models available also.

We are burning a Dellpoint which was made in June '06. Admittedly we sealed air leaks and coached (along with other dealers on the iburncorn.com website) all owners to minimize air leaks into the ash pan area.

A clean, lubricated stove generally runs quiet and well.

If your stove has any issues, SHUT IT OFF, take the burn pot out, take the ash extraction out, leave them sit for a day and the ash/clinker accumulation will fall off. If you soak it in water, acouple of hours will do, Make sure all holes in burn pot are clean, Remove the cleanout panel on the lower right inside the firebox, clean the metal exhaust fan squirrel cage and vacuum all ash from fan housing and exhaust vent.

Test auger motors with a jumper wire to a 12 volt battery (they will run clockwise or CCW) depending on how you put the positive/negative leads on the motor. (just connect them correctly when done)

Make sure the air teardrop in ash area is closed and air leaks are siliconed up with RTV sealant. There is a plate available from the mfg. to seal around the ash extraction shaft if you don't have one.

If your burner top plate is warped, turn it over and/or order a second one and double it up.

These stoves ARE the lowest operating cost for the amount of fuel they burn AND the highest overall efficiency of any pellet stove considering operating cost.

No one is paying me to write this, I believe in this stove and will help anyone across the country with their problems.

Happy Warm New Year!!

I've had a Dellpoint for a couple of years. The first year, I had to replace the board, but after that, it's run great. Lowers our heating bills and is far cleaner than the Englander..

Our experience has been much better. We have sold over 20 stoves since 2006 and all of them are operating. Regency/FPI was the builder of the stoves we have sold. All of our stoves were sold after Regency/FPI stopped production very early in their 3 years of production to address operation issues. Anything that was in dealers possession or under warranty was or could have been updated by Regency/FPI.

We still are selling Dellpoint and have all the parts available. We have the Paromax Dellpoint models available also.

We are burning a Dellpoint which was made in June '06. Admittedly we sealed air leaks and coached (along with other dealers on the iburncorn.com website) all owners to minimize air leaks into the ash pan area.

If your stove has any issues, SHUT IT OFF, take the burn pot out, take the ash extraction out, leave them sit for a day and the ash/clinker accumulation will fall off. If you soak it in water, acouple of hours will do, Make sure all holes in burn pot are clean, Remove the cleanout panel on the lower right inside the firebox, clean the metal exhaust fan squirrel cage and vacuum all ash from fan housing and exhaust vent.

Test auger motors with a jumper wire to a 12 volt battery (they will run clockwise or CCW) depending on how you put the positive/negative leads on the motor. (just connect them correctly when done)

Make sure the air teardrop in ash area is closed and air leaks are siliconed up with RTV sealant. There is a plate available from the mfg. to seal around the ash extraction shaft if you don't have one.

If your burner top plate is warped, turn it over and/or order a second one and double it up.

These stoves ARE the lowest operating cost for the amount of fuel they burn AND the highest overall efficiency of any pellet stove considering operating cost.

No one is paying me to write this, I believe in this stove and will help anyone across the country with their problems.

Happy Warm New Year!!

I love mine also! And as now the tinkering this stove needs, I'm popping fuses & F5 Code, I posted earlier about motor (feed auger) was jammed / stuck on the bracket / stop ? ( usually flops around a bit ) was very tight! anyway.. got it loose & still popping fuses!? got her all cleaned up & fired and cycled out / F5 , missing something? or maybe fried motor? HELP! Keith n KS

I love mine also! And as now the tinkering this stove needs, I'm popping fuses & F5 Code, I posted earlier about motor (feed auger) was jammed / stuck on the bracket / stop ? ( usually flops around a bit ) was very tight! anyway.. got it loose & still popping fuses!? got her all cleaned up & fired and cycled out / F5 , missing something? or maybe fried motor? HELP! Keith n KS

First check to see if auger motors run by using a 9Volt battery. F5 is feed auger and if wires are reversed it runs backward and will jam. Test with battery and you can reverse polarity to run forward or backward. Have the wires disconnected and then see if it blows the fuse. If not then maybe motor is bad or running backward. (which would most likely blow fuse quickly)

Pat on the back for all the help you are shelling out to a person in need, all for no charge. I'm glad to be a part of this site.

Reactions: GillesL
First check to see if auger motors run by using a 9Volt battery. F5 is feed auger and if wires are reversed it runs backward and will jam. Test with battery and you can reverse polarity to run forward or backward. Have the wires disconnected and then see if it blows the fuse. If not then maybe motor is bad or running backward. (which would most likely blow fuse quickly)
Finally got stove pulled out! removed auger & see plastic bushing has a lot of play/wear. May have been jammed, testing motor later today & shopping for some parts! Thanks for your input! lowcostheat

I have had a great experience with my Europa 75 since installing it in 2006. I know have an issue the when powered up, it displays 03 on the upper display and 07 on the lower. I think this relates to the firmware version. It is locked with none of the buttons working. Extended un-powering doesn't seem to help. Is there a reset to default combination of buttons I can push on another fix?

JHPA, my most recent similar problem was solved with replacing the touchpad and connector tape to the control board. That would be my guess because we tried for many attempts and days only to finally do the pad and success. The new pad is available and easy to put in.

Happy Warm New Year!!

JHPA, my most recent similar problem was solved with replacing the touchpad and connector tape to the control board. That would be my guess because we tried for many attempts and days only to finally do the pad and success. The new pad is available and easy to put in.

JUST SAW THIS RESPONSE TO KeithO and I'm praying you still have an Auger Motor for my Dell Point Europea???!!!
Might have to do some of the trouble shooting you recommended and some cleaning. Got it used winter 2013 needed an Auger Motor...that one lasted a month then needed another. Didn't use it again till this winter ran GREAT for a month and now flashing F5. If you could let me know it you do have this available I would greatly appreciate it
Jim
"Our experience has been much better. We have sold over 20 stoves since 2006 and all of them are operating. Regency/FPI was the builder of the stoves we have sold. All of our stoves were sold after Regency/FPI stopped production very early in their 3 years of production to address operation issues. Anything that was in dealers possession or under warranty was or could have been updated by Regency/FPI.

We still are selling Dellpoint and have all the parts available. We have the Paromax Dellpoint models available also."

JUST SAW THIS RESPONSE TO KeithO and I'm praying you still have an Auger Motor for my Dell Point Europea???!!!
Might have to do some of the trouble shooting you recommended and some cleaning. Got it used winter 2013 needed an Auger Motor...that one lasted a month then needed another. Didn't use it again till this winter ran GREAT for a month and now flashing F5. If you could let me know it you do have this available I would greatly appreciate it
Jim
"Our experience has been much better. We have sold over 20 stoves since 2006 and all of them are operating. Regency/FPI was the builder of the stoves we have sold. All of our stoves were sold after Regency/FPI stopped production very early in their 3 years of production to address operation issues. Anything that was in dealers possession or under warranty was or could have been updated by Regency/FPI.

We still are selling Dellpoint and have all the parts available. We have the Paromax Dellpoint models available also."
The first thing I would recommend is to remove the wires to the auger motor and all the pellets you can bail out of the hopper, then remove two screws, left and right side of feed auger housing that holds the auger shaft bearing. Then the auger, bearing, gear motor will all come out in one piece, along with a few pellets of course. reconnect the wires and push "hand feed" icon to see if it runs, it should run for at least a minute. That way you can be sure if it is the motor or a blockage. Reverse polarity on the wires and motor runs backward and would blow fuse quickly. I have a "good" used one from my display stove.

The first thing I would recommend is to remove the wires to the auger motor and all the pellets you can bail out of the hopper, then remove two screws, left and right side of feed auger housing that holds the auger shaft bearing. Then the auger, bearing, gear motor will all come out in one piece, along with a few pellets of course. reconnect the wires and push "hand feed" icon to see if it runs, it should run for at least a minute. That way you can be sure if it is the motor or a blockage. Reverse polarity on the wires and motor runs backward and would blow fuse quickly. I have a "good" used one from my display stove.
We now have the feed motors in stock if you need replacements

Hello lowcost. Been burning my Paromax Europa in my 1800 sq ft home. I removed a 70,000 BTU stove prior to putting the Europa in and it could not heat the house which is older and poorly insulated. The Europa heats the entire place and I run in with a remote tstat. I also sell these stoves and have had great success with them. I have had a few issues getting parts, mainly the speed controllers. Do you have any in stock?

Looking for advice on a problem with my Europa 75. I have a feed auger malfunction. Inspection and cleaning reveal that the feed auger has a black plastic / bake-lite switch with an external white metal lever has come loose from its' mounting point on the feed auger / auger motor assembly. It is attached by two yellow wires and seems to mount at one of 4 positions on the auger motor base plate. It appears that motor torque must depress this switch through contact with one of the interal brackets.

but which one and where to mount it?

No loose screws inside the stove, so how was the switch fastened to it's mount?

nothing but questions and no answers from the manufacturer.

help!

NH winters
I'm not sure what version you have of the stove but mine is a 2006 model. I have had it apart many times in the last ten years for annual cleaning and feed auger jams. My machine doesn't have that switch you speak of. I wonder if that is a modification some previous owner made to your unit. My two yellow wires just connect to the auger motor. Weird.