DHT 4-way wedge NOT for hardwoods

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for sharing your opinion. According to the instructions, you are the one doing it wrong. Point of the thread is to let people know that the manufacturer does not design the 4way wedge to be used with hardwoods, but they don’t tell you until after you buy it. If you actually have the 4 way, read the instructions and you will see. Just letting people know that if they use the 4way with hardwoods and have trouble, the warranty is voided so they will be on their own.

So you never put the 2 way at its highest setting? Why shouldn’t a customer be able to use the full capability of the machine or accessories that they purchased? And I think you should keep the 4way on that little baby 22t, that is probably lucky if it is making 18t- probably not strong enough to hurt it.

Good day sir. Please refrain from attacking me in my own thread in future posts. Better yet, no need to post- you’ve made your point.

Thanks.
SM

Thanks for sharing your opinion. According to the instructions, you are the one doing it wrong. Point of the thread is to let people know that the manufacturer does not design the 4way wedge to be used with hardwoods, but they don’t tell you until after you buy it. If you actually have the 4 way, read the instructions and you will see. Just letting people know that if they use the 4way with hardwoods and have trouble, the warranty is voided so they will be on their own.

So you never put the 2 way at its highest setting? Why shouldn’t a customer be able to use the full capability of the machine or accessories that they purchased? And I think you should keep the 4way on that little baby 22t, that is probably lucky if it is making 18t- probably not strong enough to hurt it.

Good day sir. Please refrain from attacking me in my own thread in future posts. Better yet, no need to post- you’ve made your point.

Thanks.
SM

Check out post number 22 last sentence of yours.. thats brand bashing. The point of your machine is only making 18ton.. brand bashing. The funny thing is that 22 is my favorite, it goes through anything. I dont need the directions to tell me to or not to put the wedge in a certain position, as i have enough experience to know what to do. I check the oil in my truck weekly.. I dont wait for the dummy light to come on to tell me to do it.
The point of my post it to let people know that theres nothing wrong. This is opperator error. Use your head and common sence and your going to be ok. Dont rely on your equipment not to break its self, but make good dicissions to not distroy your own equipment. Look at the reviews of this splitter all good. Sure there are some unhappy people like your self that break there gear and blame the equipment and post negative comments, but the overwhelming number of consumers who actually know how to operate the equipment are super happy with there purchase. There are many on this site with DHT splitters.. notice there isnt a large following on this thread saying how there dissatisfied with their purchase..
Thanks for the input of dont put the wedge on the highest setting for hardwoods. I took this for granted that people wouldn't. I guess that some may, but for the life of me i dont know why.
The DHT splitter is a good splitter and the 4 way wedge system is a good system when opperated by someone with experience

Reactions: salecker and pen
Clearly the manufacturer designed it to be height adjustable for a reason- maybe with all your experience you can figure it out? I can think of two very good reasons why someone would want to run the wedges at different heights. In fact, one has already been described in this thread. Please use your outstanding brilliance and experience to think of share a couple reasons the MANUFACTURER designed it in such a way- outside of the obvious marketing gimmick.

All i’m Saying is that the manufacturer does not support the 4way wedge system if it is used in hardwood.

SM

@Splitterman, I am keeping this thread open because you asked a question of @Woodsplitter67.

Other than him having a reply, I see it being time to close things down. As your concerns are with the company directly, and can't be resolved here on the site.

pen

Clearly the manufacturer designed it to be height adjustable for a reason- maybe with all your experience you can figure it out? I can think of two very good reasons why someone would want to run the wedges at different heights. In fact, one has already been described in this thread. Please use your outstanding brilliance and experience to think of share a couple reasons the MANUFACTURER designed it in such a way- outside of the obvious marketing gimmick.

All i’m Saying is that the manufacturer does not support the 4way wedge system if it is used in hardwood.

SM

Pen It will be best to shut this one down as I am not shore I can help this one. I will answer your question. The true answer to why the wedge is adjustable is to split the wood to different sizes. I use the adjustment on the wedge, as for the using the top height I havent found a purpose for that, but thats not to say it dosent have a use or purpose. I am using the settings that work best for me. I am not sure why thay designed it the way they did as I am not them and I am not a mined reader. Who knows. As i said I havent found a use for it yet. Im sorry for you that you feel attacked, your personal dig at me dosent phase me at all. I feel good knowing that someone will read this and realize that this splitter is ok and that the problem was your error. You have 5 posts in 10 months all are about a splitter you broke thats says alot about you. Try to add value to this community. If your thread was to help people as you have said. You should have posted what you did wrong and what you should not have done. After all of this I cant figure out how you bent the beam of your splitter and at this point I dont even want to know..

Status
Not open for further replies.