difficulty with second burn in Tundra2 furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

zakam

Dec 13, 2018
Saguenay, Qc, Ca
Hi, i have a tundra 2 furnance and i have difficulty to keep the second burning working more then 5 or 10 minutes. as soon as i turn the ''key'' to low (around 145-150F on the furnace meter) everything start well but then like i said 5 or 10 mins laters it had loose all its warm the 2nd burning stop. anything i do wrong or is it normal ? its my 2nd winter with it and it been alway like that !

Thank for your help !

(am really sorry if my writting is bad, am french canadien and still learning english)

Last edited by a moderator:
search
well in french its named as a ''fournaise'' wish is a furnance so i should post it in boiler room ?

A boiler uses water. This is a stove with outlets to ductwork.

Which would be a furnace? Which is a subject of the boiler room. Stoves aren't hooked to ductwork, they are space heaters.

Which would be a furnace? Which is a subject of the boiler room. Stoves aren't hooked to ductwork, they are space heaters.
Hey, when you're right, you're right!

Glad you are here to police the situation. ;-)

Wet wood