Disconnecting and moving QuadraFire Explorer II

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cmat

Oct 1, 2015
Upper Falls,Maryland
So my Explorer II stove was installed by technicians from our local wood/pellet stove store. They installed when I wasn't here so I wasn't able to see how pipe was attached to the back/ top of stove. I want to move stove out more so it is actually just outside of old fireplace opening, close off that opening after putting in block off plate and then re-installing stove using short horizontal stove pipe piece/ t-piece. I just don't know how to go about disconnecting the stove since there is less than an inch space between the top of the stove and the lintel. Any suggestions??

Chris M
image.jpeg

So my Explorer II stove was installed by technicians from our local wood/pellet stove store. They installed when I wasn't here so I wasn't able to see how pipe was attached to the back/ top of stove. I want to move stove out more so it is actually just outside of old fireplace opening, close off that opening after putting in block off plate and then re-installing stove using short horizontal stove pipe piece/ t-piece. I just don't know how to go about disconnecting the stove since there is less than an inch space between the top of the stove and the lintel. Any suggestions??

Chris M
View attachment 163086

Holy smokes. That stove got there somehow so it can come out the same way. I would guess that there is enough slack in the liner behind the stove to allow you to slide it out far enough to unhook the flue from the stove.

Kinda like hooking up the wash machine hoses and then shoving the machine back into place.

Pull it out, slowly, carefully. Maybe even call the installers and ask if they hooked up before sliding that stove home.

Holy smokes. That stove got there somehow so it can come out the same way. I would guess that there is enough slack in the liner behind the stove to allow you to slide it out far enough to unhook the flue from the stove.

Kinda like hooking up the wash machine hoses and then shoving the machine back into place.

Pull it out, slowly, carefully. Maybe even call the installers and ask if they hooked up before sliding that stove home.

Thanks. Will try to pull out slowly. I was thinking I would have to disconnect liner from inside the stove, but I will try pulling out slowly 1st.

cmat

I would contact the installer to make sure that works. If they connected the liner, pushed the stove back, and then pulled the liner up and cut to the correct length you won't have much slack in it.

I finally got the answer to my question from installer. I have to do the disconnect from inside the stove after removing a baffle and insulation. At the top of the stove from inside I need to remove three screws and bolts then give it a good shake and the collar should move up enough to be able to slide out the stove.

Reactions: Highbeam
Status
Not open for further replies.