Do Monessen and Majestic have the same fireplace with different model numbers?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kekememe

Oct 16, 2022
Tyler, TX
I have a Monessen BR500 ZC and was looking for a fireplace door. They are all marked up to $500+. But while searching for the model number for the door, I found the same model on a PDF for the Majestic BR42. The two manuals appear to be identical. I understand that one company bought the other in 2008 and my home was built in 2011. Is it possible that these two fireplaces are the exact same?

There's a door online for sale for the Majestic BR42 for $230, but they don't use the door model number. If these two fireplaces are the same, I'm hoping it would fit and save me $270. This also opens the door for me to find other parts too.