Do you have any Pellet myths to share?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokeyTheBear said:
#1. - I’ll buy a name brand stove from a reputable dealer and I’ll get service.BUSTED

The dealer isn't likely to be reputable then, unless the reputation was a bad one.

As to number 4 I wonder what that circuit was measuring and if there will be future repercussions of the control board nature.

Scott did you determine what the controller was expecting to see from the photoeye?

A closed circuit at 13 minutes.

All wood pellets are the organic by products of the Keebler elves....

Augustine said:

Busted, there are inorganic materials in wood pellets and besides everybody knows you never make anything out of Keebler elves.

SmokeyTheBear said:
Augustine said:

Busted, there are inorganic materials in wood pellets and besides everybody knows you never make anything out of Keebler elves.

I saw in a diff thread about a week or so ago that elves are packed with BTUs, its the reindeer that are crap for burning.

I make each pellet, individually, by hand and I can assure you that each one is made with 100% pure stuff off the floor (thats organic right?). I tell you, you gotta squeeze really hard to get them shiny like that, unless you cheap and just spray them with polyurethane, which I would never do.

Delta-T said:
SmokeyTheBear said:
Augustine said:

I saw in a diff thread about a week or so ago that elves are packed with BTUs, its the reindeer that are crap for burning.

I make each pellet, individually, by hand and I can assure you that each one is made with 100% pure stuff off the floor (thats organic right?). I tell you, you gotta squeeze really hard to get them shiny like that, unless you cheap and just spray them with polyurethane, which I would never do.

Now you have done gone and done it, no comment.

Just a bump! There has to be more. :cheese:

Light Colored Vs. Dark Colored Pellets?

I think codebum hit this one for us! :)

codebum said:
About the only consistent information you could derive from a pellets color would be if you where to scientifically break its composition down to learn what its made of. In other words don't worry too much about the color. Myths say that softwood is lighter and hardwood is darker. While this may be a more common observation, it is not something that is absolute. The color will most likely come from the species of tree, but can be affected by other factors such as enzines produced by insects while the wood was a tree, or perhaps other foreign wood fibers (maybe from previous batches) that make it into the pellets production.

The smell is probably a more important attribute of a pellet then the color. Pellets should have a natural wood scent or smell like sawdust, not chemical additives or adheasives, or plastic.

I would be more concerned about moisture, fines, size, etc., but the best way to judge a pellets is to burn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.