Does Condar make a catalytic thermometer for a Blaze King King, no one at the plant knows.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
The BK, thermometer is 80$ and shot after one season.

On my princess I replaced the broken BK meter with a numbered meter from Condar. I can't say for certain if the king box meter is different but I really like the condar replacement. Was only about 30$ as I recall and I consider it an upgrade.

My old BK meter failed by the spring breaking right where it is clamped by the bolt/nut stack.

The needle is stuck at 5 o" clock and won't move when the stove is fired, only had one fire so far this year.

I'd contact BK for a replacement; one season lifetime clearly indicates a defective one...

I'd contact BK for a replacement; one season lifetime clearly indicates a defective one...
I went on Condars website and ordered a replacement from them, I measured the face of the dial and the length of the stem and they showed one that matched those dimensions. It said fits some ? Blaze King models, no one knew anything that was helpful, I need to find a job where you get paid not knowing what you're there for.

Reactions: Highbeam
My point was not how to figure out what size you need, but that there is a decent probability that BK would send a replacement as (I assume) you bought the stove one year ago, and this clearly was a defective product.
I'd not be surprised if the BK dealer charges $80 for a probe. But talking to BK themselves may work better.

Anyhow, you ordered, so moot now.

The stove is four years old , we'll see how the Condar holds up.THX

Reactions: stoveliker
Ok, the "one season" in your first post made me think this was a one year old stove.

Did you replace it before last season too?