Done Burning Yet?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even close ! Just loaded the porches with about 3/4 ths of a cord this weekend .

Not done burning yet but the volume of wood used is way down compared to a month ago. That's always a good sign of springtimes approaching warmth!

Reactions: AJS56 and PapaDave
Nope. Maybe 2 weeks? In NW NC

Still not done. Thought I was going to hold it at 2 cords this year but brought in the first rack over 2 cords last night with winter storm Saturn hitting us today with 6-12". Last March, even though unusually warm, we had 21 of 31 days above 65* with 7 days at 80*+. So last year the stove was shut down and the a/c was turned on one year ago this month. Looks like an extended shoulder season this year.

I'm burning just a few logs of sycamore overnight to take the chill off, not starting the fire until late evening, and not reloading. No fire at all a few nights last week, Wed, Thurs. Fri., and Sat. Spring showers moving in over the weekend and temps getting lower. More evening fires expected this week.

View out my back door tonight, path to the wood shed
Winter 2013.JPG . It is still winter in IL

Nope - will be at it into May, but using less than expected. The good weather has allowed wood cutting to commence early!

I am with cheif it is snowing and the wind goes through you like you was swiss cheese. Ice on the trees, roads are ice here. Yes still burning here and will be until mama says not to burn.

While I was writing the last one some dumb nut gave his car gas and hit a tree and kept right on going. I walked out to see what the noise was and the idot was going down the road very slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.