Done with "stuff"

BeautifulBC

Dec 29, 2019
B.C.
I moved about 4.5 years ago, after 17 years in the same home...I purged a lot of stuff while packing to move. Probably half of the stuff came with me, the rest was sold, donated, or hauled to the dump.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
I dont think ill live long enough to get rid of it all before my kids have to deal with it. Thats the bright side of "you cant take it with you" much of it you dont want to take.

Jan Pijpelink

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2015
South Jersey
We made 7 international moves in 12 years time. Man, you collect a lot of stuff that way.

Seasoned Oak

Minister of Fire
Oct 17, 2008
Eastern Central PA
Thats an interesting way to store your firewood. Did you employ some kind of anti bug treatment on the wall behind to discourage critters from navigating to your wall board?

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Thats an interesting way to store your firewood. Did you employ some kind of anti bug treatment on the wall behind to discourage critters from navigating to your wall board?
No. Just the unpainted plywood. Powderpost beetles are an issue, somewhat.

semipro

Minister of Fire
Jan 12, 2009
SW Virginia
Best to start a new thread in the Inglenook for new toys.
Back to the spirit of this thread, think about your kids dealing with all this crap.
My wife and I agreed that a shared resolution this year would be to get rid of one possession per day (on average).
Its going well so far. As fun as it was to acquire stuff there's a lot of satisfaction in getting rid of it too.

Reactions: Easy Livin’ 3000

mass_burner

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2013
SE Mass
My wife and I agreed that a shared resolution this year would be to get rid of one possession per day (on average).
Its going well so far. As fun as it was to acquire stuff there's a lot of satisfaction in getting rid of it too.
That's a good strategy. But my wife couldn't do it. Agree with your idea, I still like getting new stuff, but I think small now, literally .