Dovre Stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BringtheSnow!

Sep 24, 2020
New England
Greetings! I've been reading this forum for a while now as I try to figure out a heating setup for a small workspace I have (20x15), but finally making my first post! I am hoping I could pick the brains of the group to let me know your thoughts on Dovre stoves. I have recently found a used Dovre stove for sale in my area. It's a Dovre DV425S (see link below for a description I found on the web of the exact stove). I don't know much about propane stoves, but I'm guessing this is 20 plus years old. So my questions are: do these stoves have a good reputation? Are repairs/replacements parts going to be pricy or hard to find? Is it too much of a gamble to buy this stove, and better to get something newer? The seller is looking for $250.

Stove info: http://www.talietta.50webs.com/portfolio/aladdinhearth/dv425.htm

Thanks all!

20 years is a long time for any gas unit, but parts may be available here...
Take a look at the inside of the firebox.
Look for cracks.
Make sure there isn't a LOT of deep rust.
Surface rust is common, as is paint discoloration.