Drolet Heatpro any reviews?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Still really enjoying this furnace. Besides the firewood being a never ending battle it has saved my family a lot of money (not including a insane amount of labor)

Any owners know the purpose or function of the rear fire bricks with the holes in them? I try and keep them clear I want just wondering when they are working (call for heat/no call for heat)

Pilot air....they help keep a flame when the unit is closed down. The air holes are unregulated, and always bring in air whether the damper is open or closed.

Still really enjoying this furnace. Besides the firewood being a never ending battle it has saved my family a lot of money (not including a insane amount of labor)

Any owners know the purpose or function of the rear fire bricks with the holes in them? I try and keep them clear I want just wondering when they are working (call for heat/no call for heat)
Hey Siefert- thanks for checking back in. Seems this thread came to an abrupt end last year, so I'm glad to hear you found your solution.

I'd enjoy it if you'd tell your story more completely. I'm sure lots of others here would also. Don't skimp on details, like how the install went, how the damper worked out, how much you're saving on propane, how it is to operate, etc.

Look forward to reading!