Drolet HeatPRO reviews

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Mitch360

Feb 8, 2018
Newfoundland
Hey guys,

New to The forum. Currently in the market for a wood furnace. Been thinking hard on the Drolet Heatpro. I’ve been digging through the forum and could find much on reviews.

Wondering what they compare to Newmac or Kerr? Any reviews opinions would be greatly appreciated

P.S
I’m also planning on putting the furnace in the attached garage and ducting into my house. Only thing is I would have to run the duct work down into my basement. I don’t think it should be an issue but I’m not certain. Any help is appreciated

-Mitch

Welcome Mitch!
Don't know how they compare, but I think we've only had 1 or 2 reviews on the Heatpro.

As for putting in the attached garage, you might run into trouble. Many insurance companies won't allow that (with gas fumes and all). Also, running hot ductwork downhill from a wood furnace isn't simple because when the power goes out you'll overheat (dangerous) unless you get fancy with emergency dampers that open in a power failure, etc. That's been discussed recently on a thread somewheres here but I don't remember which.

You don't have an option for a basement install?

Welcome aboard!

Reactions: brenndatomu
Welcome Mitch!
Don't know how they compare, but I think we've only had 1 or 2 reviews on the Heatpro.

As for putting in the attached garage, you might run into trouble. Many insurance companies won't allow that (with gas fumes and all). Also, running hot ductwork downhill from a wood furnace isn't simple because when the power goes out you'll overheat (dangerous) unless you get fancy with emergency dampers that open in a power failure, etc. That's been discussed recently on a thread somewheres here but I don't remember which.

You don't have an option for a basement install?

Welcome aboard!

I can install it in the basement was just thinking it would be much easier for dealing with the wood if it was in my garage. Maybe I will just go ahead with the basement. Will be much simpler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any complaints about the HeatPro, now that its been out a couple years...so that's a good sign. It seems to me that things like this with little to no review info means people are happy with it...people often only squawk when there are issues...

Reactions: Mitch360