DVL Telescoping/Adjustable Pipe Minimum Overlap?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chamel

Feb 3, 2013
MA
Hi everyone! I received all my pipe and will be installing it to my Sirocco 30 this weekend. I have an adjustable piece of 12" DuraVent DVL pipe that might fit on my fixed length of DuraVent DVL. My question is what should be the minimum overlap between an adjustable piece and fixed piece? I searched and searched and can't seem to find a definite answer.

A 12" DVL slip has a range from as little as 2" and a max of 10". So to answer your question, 2" is the minimum overlap.

A 12" DVL slip has a range from as little as 2" and a max of 10". So to answer your question, 2" is the minimum overlap.
Thanks for the reply webby. That's what I thought. I just wanted to make sure. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.