Ecofan?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My ecofan stopped working last night. Any tricks to get them going? Do they need to be cleaned?
I just use it as a stove top temp thing, but I'm used to seeing it spin.

i have an eco-fan and use it ontop of our tent stove when camping. we have 12x20 foot tent that has a zip out floor area where the stove goes (we have a k-row stove; wood stove; & pellet stove for tent use) and a circular opening in the roof where the 6" chimney goes. the fan works well to move air in the tent. but at 3am in January when you look over at the stove and the fan is barely moveing you poke the nearest guy and tell him to refill the pellet hopper.

I picked one up two years ago from the dump room (room that the dump guy puts stuff that people might want ex books, furniture, tools). I thought SCORE! These things are like $150
Well it didn't work cause it had been fried from too hot a stove.
I know crap about electronics so I just took it apart and cleaned it, sprayed contact cleaner on everything. Nada. Wish I would have known about the radio shack thing. I put it back in the dump room so maybe somebody could use it.

Here in NH we call the "dump room" a swap shop. The cardinal rule is to leave with less then you came with.

Status
Not open for further replies.