Englander NC 30

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WarHorse

Dec 25, 2011
Kansas
I'm really interested in buying an Englander 30. Can someone post some good pictures of the firebox, ash tray, door handle latch assembly, door hinges etc...... ???? Keep in mind what you would like to see if considering a purchase when taking the pictures. As popular as stove as the Englander is, It surprise's me there isn't alot of good pictures of them on the net.

I wish I could help. I have a few, but they aren't what you are looking for. Maybe when I'm home and have the time.
http://s77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/DannoSpider/hearth/

First 3 with wood. then there are two more on the tiled hearth. The one with the stove pipe just setting in it is of the small 12, just ignore that.

Front of stove:
MA0gv.jpg

Door handle latch:
MmAIK.jpg

Firebox (with upright 2 liter bottle to show size) NOTE: Fire brick has been removed, keep that in mind:
W84Pw.jpg

Stove collar showing the baffle boards:
sb0eI.jpg

<<<<waits for all the natty light haters to show up! ;)

Yeah. I have to throw that hook in the water once a year. >>

Reactions: ~*~Kathleen~*~
The 30 burns unseasoned wood terribly. I shut her down for last winter because it was too frustrating. I know better now and am a year ahead on seasoning wood. Another thing to add is buy gloves that cover your whole arm. You will understand what I mean if you buy a 30.

Pretty much any modern stove burns green wood terribly. Do you think that the 30 has some sort of extra cripple in this regard?

<<<<waits for all the natty light haters to show up! ;)
I've learned not to mess with BB when it comes to his beer.

Bart hooked one!

That's some really bad taste in beer.

Fifth largest selling beer in the U.S. You just don't know good beer obviously.

I pay no attention to beer snobs anyway. Most here are well aware of that. That is why I post that pic about once a year to get this out of the way for the season.

Every year with the Natty Light. It's like telling a smoker that they shouldn't. Why do y'all even bother. Everybody knows it's nasty and that Pabst is where it's at ;)

Fifth largest selling beer in the U.S. You just don't know good beer obviously.

I pay no attention to beer snobs anyway. Most here are well aware of that. That is why I post that pic about once a year to get this out of the way for the season.

Refer to my signature.

If you are talking about the last line in it. Please lose it. Politics don't cut it in avatars or sig lines.

Lose it even if you weren't talking about it. :mad:

The 30 burns unseasoned wood terribly. I shut her down for last winter because it was too frustrating. I know better now and am a year ahead on seasoning wood. Another thing to add is buy gloves that cover your whole arm. You will understand what I mean if you buy a 30.

That latch is gonna getcha !! I have a mark ! It's the same on the 13 :mad:

Reactions: BrowningBAR
That latch is gonna getcha !! I have a mark ! It's the same on the 13 :mad:

Gotta watch that thing. Told the story a few years ago about only swinging the door half way open and the latch snagging, unnoticed, in the down filled vest. Room fogged with burned down smelling like somebody set a duck on fire.

for the record, im an IPA fan but ive honestly never turned down an offered natty light==c

as for the 30, its a beast, she aint meant to be pretty though i think it looks pretty good. good sized firebox at 3.5CF as for the latch, its solid its a 1 piece 1/2"rod with a bend put in it pre-weld we pass the rod through the cast iron door set the depth weld in the washers inside and out of the door, then heat the rod with a torch and slip on a pipe and bend it to its end position. in 19 years working at ESW ive never once replaced a door because the handle failed, not once.

true unseasoned wood doent do wellin it ,but thats pretty much the same industry wide, as for heat there are very few if any stoves in its class i would hesitate to put it up against. like i said, its simply a beast of a stove.

Reactions: n3pro
Gotta watch that thing. Told the story a few years ago about only swinging the door half way open and the latch snagging, unnoticed, in the down filled vest. Room fogged with burned down smelling like somebody set a duck on fire.
Thanks for the heads up on the door latch. Didn't even think of that until you two mentioned it.

Yeah, that latch is deadly. It is the only complaint I have about the stove. I have a scar on my arm from it and the doctor wanted to know how the heck I got it.<>;lol:confused:

Reactions: BrowningBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.