Englander Pellet Stove 25-IP Auger not turning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goguen

Oct 12, 2016
Fredericton New Brunswick
I have an Englander Pellet Stove 25-IP. When I turn it ON the fans start but the pellets don't feed down.
So far I have: cleaned all pipes/vents inside and outside, cleaned the fan, removed the motor and auger to make sure there is no jam or dust, changed the vacuum switch, and cleaned the entire inside of particles.

I'm running out of ideas, any help would be appreciated.

Is that a two auger stove? Neither working? Have you checked door gasket and hopper seals ie dollar bill test.

You can go to England stove website for troubleshooting section. www.heatredefined.com

Is that a two auger stove? Neither working? Have you checked door gasket and hopper seals ie dollar bill test.

You can go to England stove website for troubleshooting section. www.heatredefined.com

It's a one auger stove. How do you do the dollar bill test?

I have already tried the troubleshooting section of the above mentioned website. When in the diagnostic test mode all of the components work...

Have you tried directly running the auger with test cord to outlet to ensure auger motor is OK? Always unplug when working in the cabinet. Otherwise check that you are actually achieving a vacuum in the firebox. Checked tubing on other vacuum switch that connects to blower? Replaced gasket on combustion blower when you cleaned? New burn pot gasket when doing year end cleaning?

Typing at the same time... Dollar bill or similar paper closed in the door. If easily pulled out, time to replace gasket.

Not sure of the internal exhaust passages on the stove but problems often due to something missed while cleaning. Did you clean the port where vac switch connects to the combustion motor?

Can you hear the auger motor attempting to turn the auger and its still not turning? I ask this because this happened to me. I could hear the auger motor trying to turn the auger but the auger was not moving and dropping pellets down.

Turned out the auger got bent and was getting pressed against the side of the pellet shoot and could no longer turn. I had to replace the auger.

It's a one auger stove. How do you do the dollar bill test?

I have already tried the troubleshooting section of the above mentioned website. When in the diagnostic test mode all of the components work...
Since all components work in test mode, you have a clog in the exhaust pathway or you have leaky gaskets that cannot create a vacuum.

Status
Not open for further replies.