Exhaust stack temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scruffy

Hearth Supporter
Oct 24, 2008
NH
What is your exhaust stack temp. taken from a double wall 3 inch Simpon Duravant pipe, about three feet from the outlet of the stove? I don't think stove model or make would affect this reading much.

Mine runs 130-150 on 1-2 settings. Lower number on cooler nights. Other stove stettings at 5-7-1.

My Harman Advance was very cool at a low-medium burn. I was surprised that about 40 inches up from the bottom, I could place my hand on the pipe and hold it there. I have heard others say that theirs fluctuates (sometimes warm, sometimes hot). I guess it depends on how your flame and fans are running at the time you check the pipe.

Breckwell P-24 (4" diameter) with a top vent 4' vertical then 2' horizontal has 250 degrees at the HRC. Not touching the metal.

Endurance bio furnace (4" diameter) has 4' vertical to 5' horizontal with 2 elbows and has 180-190 degrees at the HRC. Not touching the metal.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.