Experimental Burn Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was screwing around with my Regency R14 insert this weekend toying with it. With ONE average size split about 16 inches long and about 6 inches wide of ash, I was getting 4 hours burn time with the blower on low and the damper turned down about 75%. I was really surprised with how long it lasted, has anyone done this before and does this sound about right as far as burn times go. If it wasn't me I would not have believed how long it lasted. Thanks for the input!

That doesn't sound too far off to me.
Any reason you had the blower on low? Just preference?

Cheers

Just experimenting with it is all, why do you have any techniques to offer because I am up to always learn. I am new to this and as my wife would say have become obsessed. This website is great and have received great help and information from you all and for that I say thanks again.

I'm surprised it went that long and may have even smoldered?? With only one split I find it hard to burn effienciently. The fire will burn cleaner and hotter with more wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.