Extra wood brought in. Here comes that rain Zap. (Snow for you?)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasifier

Minister of Fire
Apr 25, 2011
St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
I just finished bringing in the wood for tomorrow. Brought in some extra because of the forcast. Looks like we will be getting rain for the next two days in upstate New York. Should be enough wood to get us through to Saturday morning. This way I will not be having to bring it in in the rain. Water pours off the high roof where I load it in the cellar window from under the covered porch. Nice short distance. But I have learned that lesson a few times. Zap. Do you think it will snow for some of that for you?

50 mile an hour winds out of the south for us over the next 24 hours. Thinking most of our rain is going to end up in your neighborhood.

Rained here today so I let the fire go out to remove the ashes and clean the glass. Made a new fire despite it still being above freezing outside.

I tend to fill up the wood box every day but I can usually skip a day or two. No cellar window for me. I carry it in the front door which has a covered stoop.

Looks like rain down here too. Mild temps for this time of year. Brought in a few days worth Tuesday so hopefully it will be dry when the next loads are needed.

Gasifier said:
I just finished bringing in the wood for tomorrow. Brought in some extra because of the forcast. Looks like we will be getting rain for the next two days in upstate New York. Should be enough wood to get us through to Saturday morning. This way I will not be having to bring it in in the rain. Water pours off the high roof where I load it in the cellar window from under the covered porch. Nice short distance. But I have learned that lesson a few times. Zap. Do you think it will snow for some of that for you?

In the high 40's this morning with wind gust up to 40 mph, looks like the temps drop tonight with some snow moving in but not much. We have been burning the pellet stove but tonight we'll switch back over to the Liberty.

zap

Temperature falling. I see some snow to our north and the showers are starting to build again so we'll probably change to snow in a few more hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.