farmers almanac prediction

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to have some fun

Did you people all forget our ex Vice Pres. Al Gore. He is predicting global warming..........

Who is right here, our farmers almanac or above???

global warming is a joke its cycles the fish are here then t he fish are gone 10 year cycle illex squid banner year it will be cold come on mackeral croakers are late but we have signs of loligo squid . fluke opens on the 7 thnt dumbfishguy

BAHHHHH
I go by what it looks & feels like when I peep my head out the door in the morning.
Never fails, 100% accurate ;)

pelletfan said:
Just to have some fun

Did you people all forget our ex Vice Pres. Al Gore. He is predicting global warming..........

Who is right here, our farmers almanac or above???

I had a lot of good laughs reading the news about our old buddy Al. He would show up someplace to give a spill on Global warming and it would snow or do something unusually cold for the location..

No matter what any forecast says Iam guaranteed to ice fish every winter. So makes no difference to me. Any thing below minus 30c is cold, anything above 18c is hot. Hope all the seniors/vets where ever they are have a warm,comfortable,safe & affordable place for winter. Lets enjoy the end of summer and fall 1st though.
CHEERS :coolsmile:

I guess it really doesn't matter much what we have for a winter. I don't mind the snow to much. Last year we were #2 on all time snowfall list. I do know that it is snowier on this side of the lake with the lake effect, and it is nowhere near as cold over here as compared to growing up on the other side of the lake in Wisconsin.....But one guarantee coming up will be the release of Samuel Adams 'Winter Lager' beer in the next couple months :) .........I can't wait......

Dumbfishguy said:
global warming is a joke its cycles the fish are here then t he fish are gone 10 year cycle illex squid banner year it will be cold come on mackeral croakers are late but we have signs of loligo squid . fluke opens on the 7 thnt dumbfishguy

You should change your handle to "incomprehensible fish guy" :)

north of 60 said:
No matter what any forecast says Iam guaranteed to ice fish every winter. So makes no difference to me. Any thing below minus 30c is cold, anything above 18c is hot. Hope all the seniors/vets where ever they are have a warm,comfortable,safe & affordable place for winter. Lets enjoy the end of summer and fall 1st though.
CHEERS :coolsmile:

Ah yes, ice drinking. One of our finer winter sports around here. Only time of year when you dont need a cooler and have to worry about keeping your beer from freezing.

fossil said:
Although I don't anticipate it happening, it wouldn't bother me a bit to just let all my wood sit out there seasoning right on through a nice mild winter. Rick

i hear ya.! once it gets cold enough to get the stove going i don't like watching my pile shrink. i like burning but always hope for a mild winter. as long as its cold enough to make some safe ice on the lakes i'm fishing and happy : ) just stinks thinking about the unfortunate who have to suffer in cold homes all winter.

I thought it was by looking at the "wooly-bear" catapillars...

One thing AlGore and Farmers Almanac have in common is they're both selling books.

One thing AlGore and Farmers Almanac have in common is they’re both selling books.

And we support them in buying their books

pelletfan said:
One thing AlGore and Farmers Almanac have in common is they’re both selling books.

And we support them in buying their books

You got a mouse in your shirt pocket?

Status
Not open for further replies.