fellow wood burners

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

john11756

Jan 28, 2014
levittown ny
Hi I live in Levittown 11756
Anyone have a good source.
Looking for 2 cord delivered and stacked.
Any leeds would be appreciated.
Thanks all.

I dont think too many people sell wood here, we are all buyers like you. Have you tried craigslist? Theres alot of unscrupulous hacks there but you will find wood.
Good luck...

I dont think too many people sell wood here, we are all buyers like you. Have you tried craigslist? Theres alot of unscrupulous hacks there but you will find wood.
Good luck...
Hi
Yes craigslist is where I get most of my wood from and unscrupulous they are.
I was just quoted $230 for 0.90 of a cord just shy of a full cord and $70 to stack it.
300 bucks stacked is kinda steep.
Anyone have a good contact they can recommend? I would appreciate it thanks.
Delivery only

Contact DEC in Albany, or Ag and markets maybe. They keep a list of certified loggers that are registered in the state. On the list it states whether the loggers deal in firewood sales. The list is extensive so Im sure you will find someone in your area.
Also state foresters know loggers AND sawmills, that is their job.
Next is landscapers/tree care companies. Tons of them around.
Next is utility companies, highway department, park rangers, golf course mangers...farmers.
The guy I used to buy wood from used to pay my boyfriend to fix his wood processors. And another guy before him just had an Ad in the locally published newspaper.
Also, its best not to rely on one source. You know, like if he has to have a hernia operation.
And last of all, tell everyone you know you will come take wood when they have a tree taken down.

Contact DEC in Albany, or Ag and markets maybe. They keep a list of certified loggers that are registered in the state. On the list it states whether the loggers deal in firewood sales. The list is extensive so Im sure you will find someone in your area.
Also state foresters know loggers AND sawmills, that is their job.
Next is landscapers/tree care companies. Tons of them around.
Next is utility companies, highway department, park rangers, golf course mangers...farmers.
The guy I used to buy wood from used to pay my boyfriend to fix his wood processors. And another guy before him just had an Ad in the locally published newspaper.
Also, its best not to rely on one source. You know, like if he has to have a hernia operation.
And last of all, tell everyone you know you will come take wood when they have a tree taken down.
Thank you for the info. Greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.