Finished install and first fire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyosioux

Hearth Supporter
Feb 28, 2010
Bighorn Mtns, WY
Finished tying up the all the chimney and stove pipe assembly. Then, fortunately, it was down to 55 deg. last evening so it was fire time. Thought it would be good to get that bad smell everyone talks about over with, but didn't smell a thing. Just a small fire... the neighbor has a tree that needs to be trimmed and I didn't want to freak him out by thinking I was going to start his tree on fire.

Anyway, everyone on here always wants pictures so here are a few. Did all the work myself and can't wait for full time burn season.

Attachments

• 100_2061.jpg
    100_2061.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 618
  • 100_2062.jpg
    100_2062.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 603
  • 100_2064.jpg
    100_2064.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 569
  • 100_2065.jpg
    100_2065.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 538
Looks good. Dog bed, fire, and guns.. if there was just a table in the picture with a big juicy/rare ribeye on a plate, it would be an epic picture.. throw in a glass of Eagle Rare on ice and well.. perfect.

Looks like an excellent install!

Looks damn cozy, nice work sir.

Good job! That's a nice stove in a nice setting.

Very nice. I bet your itching for cold weather.

Nice work, time to change your sig

Nice job! Now don't let the wife clutter things up in that corner too much. If nothing else, you want room to work there (cleaning ash, loading wood)..........and if there are small children around, or grandkids, you might want to consider a protective gate/fence around that install, to protect them from harm. There are some nice ones out there, that do just fine.

And, oh yes, if your dogs come up "missing" ............check the floor around the stove. They tend to lallygag around it, quite a bit. I know OUR 4 dogs do, AND the cat!!

-Soupy1957

Attachments

• Wood Stove.jpg
    Wood Stove.jpg
    147 KB · Views: 314
Nice looking install. Now you will have to wait until some cold weather reaches you. Hey, I saw that somewhere in Montana it got down to 28 degrees for the nation's low temperature. The high was in Death Valley with 115.

Yeah! being prepared is the definitely the best position when winter looms. You are are going to love the stove come winter. Nice work.

Looks good! Can't wait for burning season

ColdNH said:
Looks good! Can't wait for burning season

I agree, it looks great! Although I certainly CAN wait for the burning season! This is the best summer we've had in years and I would just love for it go on.

Thanks for all the generous comments. I have received much inspiration and knowledge from this site...
Thanks!!!

Beautiful installation and hearth.

Status
Not open for further replies.