Fire Chief 1000 or Caddy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Do they make a tee? If they do, and the BD will fit into it, you are good to go.

Do they make a tee? If they do, and the BD will fit into it, you are good to go.

They do make a tee, I have one already but the plan was to put the tee into the back of the stove so I might need another. I'm not sure if the BD will fit into it though. I know the manual damper kits I've seen online are all for single wall, the same might be true for the BD.

You actually think it's that dangerous?? Weren't you one of the people who got it run half decent following a very specific fire starting procedure?

Halfway, it had to be babysat so it didnt run away. Never quit puffing. if it was burning right the front was glowing red, one crack away from a failure. It was a very fine line between heating the house and burning down the house.

They should pull off the regular Tee and fit into the DSP. Menards used to sell one without a Tee for fairly cheap.
Good to know, I'll check this weekend.
You don't want that POJ!
Here, order this one...its only a couple bucks more, and WAY better...and you will probably have it next day, or the day after you order, they are quick! Best price I have found for a Field brand baro...

You don't want that POJ!
Here, order this one...its only a couple bucks more, and WAY better...and you will probably have it next day, or the day after you order, they are quick! Best price I have found for a Field brand baro...

Thanks!

Halfway, it had to be babysat so it didnt run away. Never quit puffing. if it was burning right the front was glowing red, one crack away from a failure. It was a very fine line between heating the house and burning down the house.

Perhaps burning the house down is how you achieve the longer burn time!?

Joking aside, thousands of these have been sold. Are we to assume everyone has issues and just hasn't come to the internet to air their grievances? Or do some people run them just fine?

Thanks!

Perhaps burning the house down is how you achieve the longer burn time!?

Joking aside, thousands of these have been sold. Are we to assume everyone has issues and just hasn't come to the internet to air their grievances? Or do some people run them just fine?
Well, you got HY-C’s line down now. Do what you want with it.