Fire Chief FC1500 install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to believe the distribution blowers are very similar between the 2 furnaces.
Yes, both PSC (permanent split capacitor) motors most likely...almost all wood furnaces are.

Man, I hate to be debby downer, but I really think you are wasting your time speed controlling this furnace. Varying your blower speed will not change how it burns the wood. You are putting the cart before the horse, IMO.

Reactions: brenndatomu
Man, I hate to be debby downer, but I really think you are wasting your time speed controlling this furnace. Varying your blower speed will not change how it burns the wood. You are putting the cart before the horse, IMO.
Probably true...but can't go anywhere but up from here, right?! ;lol

Did you also order the ICM? If so you will need a 5k pot to adjust the temp range on your speed controller
I don’t have a POT on my speed controller and it works fine. It has been sitting on my bench collecting dust.

Reactions: brenndatomu
I don’t have a POT on my speed controller and it works fine. It has been sitting on my bench collecting dust.
Everybodys setup will be a little different...I had one furnace I put the ICM on, just used a 2k resistor on the temp sensor...perfect. Had a 1.2k resistor on my Tundra...having the pot is nice to dial things in with though...don't really cost much more than getting a resistor either (because you have to order resistors in quantity's usually)

Reactions: Case1030
Thinking about setting the SF1000(FC1000) out in the woods with 20#-25# of tannerite this spring when it warms up. Then I’ll ship it back with a note that the reengineering was successful but I have to charge for the plans fir the modifications.

BYOB, I’ll supply the big boom...

Thinking about setting the SF1000(FC1000) out in the woods with 20#-25# of tannerite this spring when it warms up. Then I’ll ship it back with a note that the reengineering was successful but I have to charge for the plans fir the modifications.

BYOB, I’ll supply the big boom...
It might not do anything to it...they are apparently engineered to withstand explosions...all day, every day! ;) ;lol

Ok I received the MYPIN temp controller, the ICM326, timer, K type probe 0-600c, the pot and the timer.

How does this all get wired? Was looking through the Tundra posts and the ICM looked different then the one I have.

Would like to start with just the timer connected. Do I just connect the 2 wires on the back of the timer to the 2 post for the thermostat to close the circuit?

IMG_1448.jpg

Would like to start with just the timer connected. Do I just connect the 2 wires on the back of the timer to the 2 post for the thermostat to close the circuit?
What are you trying to accomplish? The timer closes the circuit when timing...

I am assuming in my case the timer would kick on the draft blower for X minutes.
OK, yeah then the tstat wires go on the timer terminals. You are just replacing the tstat with a timer basically...or you could wire it "in parallel" with the tstat...then you could use one, or the other...

OK, yeah then the tstat wires go on the timer terminals. You are just replacing the tstat with a timer basically...or you could wire it "in parallel" with the tstat...then you could use one, or the other...

Didn't you have your timer in parallel with your mypin to only allow it to reach a specific temperature then the mypin would kill the connection and close the damper... only later if the temp falls below your set point did it reopen only while the timer is activated? Ultimately setting a high limit temp for your flue on startup?

But like you said could always have it in line with a thermostat to control when it calls for heat aswell.

Didn't you have your timer in parallel with your mypin to only allow it to reach a specific temperature then the mypin would kill the connection and close the damper... only later if the temp falls below your set point did it reopen only while the timer is activated? Ultimately setting a high limit temp for your flue on startup?
Yes, but he said he wanted to just start out with the timer...

But like you said could always have it in line with a thermostat to control when it calls for heat aswell.

This is the direction I would like to go. Cut it out at a certain temp so I am not just wasting burn times.

Son of a B! The end of the government shut down came first! I am now at 73 days of first talking to HY-C and still at 4-5 hour burn times. BD installed and set to -0.06” WC, make shift return air supply setup to pull warm air from the ceiling and OAK installed.

I see a different brand/unit being delivered really SOON!

Status
Not open for further replies.