firelight 12 catalytic repair of inner burn plate and catalyst chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martha

Jan 11, 2013
Two questions:
1. I saw a thread on this site with a repair to the Jotul firelight 12 catalytic stove for replacing the catalyst chamber that did the replacement by going in from above, by taking the top off. Do you really have to do that? Can't you go in from the front taking off the rear burn plate and inner back plate? Isn't that easier?
2. Only one small part of my catalyst chamber is missing in the front. But it is that ledge that holds the catalyst in place. Do I have to get a whole new catalyst chamber (which is expensive) or can I prop it in there with some other fireproof insulation. If so what insulation?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Martha - did you ever do this job. I'd appreciate any advice as I am in the same boat. I really like my Firelight 12 and need to overhaul the back behind the inner back plate. I am looking for the best advice on how to get back there.

Status
Not open for further replies.