first year's wood?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is exactly my situation (except for the panic part..). Just had an insert installed and got my first cord of "seasoned" wood (need 3, but getting them one at a time since there's no bulk discount). It doesn't look all that seasoned to me.. I think the guy probably had it seasoned for a while before splitting, and then delivered "old" wood that had just been split, so it's not really done yet. I hope it'll be okay to use by November or so. It's brown on the inside parts and doesn't seem particularly dry.

Was thinking of posting a picture of my first attempt at a stack :)

Another place to look is saw mills for slab wood. It dries fast but can be mostly bark. Or if you know of a pallet company, sometimes they sell the unused parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.