Fisher Wood Stove I.D. HELP!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

KFISH

Mar 1, 2023
Maryland, USA
Looking to identify a Fisher woodstove I found on Facebook Marketplace. I'd like to give it a new life in my pole barn after some TLC. The SOB is heavier than I ever thought! Any info is much appreciated.

Also, many of the firebricks are broken inside. Any recommendations as to where I can procure new ones?

Stove1.jpg Stove2.png

“Fisher Fireplace Insert” is the model name.

Manual is in sticky section at top of the Fisher Forum home page.

Bricks are standard firebrick found the cheapest at masonry supply stores. Ace Hardware, Tractor Supply, and others sell them by the piece or by the box.

Reactions: KFISH
It’s not a legal installation to code without installing in a fireplace built to NFPA 211 Standard, but many set them up on blocks with floor protection under them as well.

The front is a radiant type stove, it gets hot enough to boil water and cook on, the rear uses convection to remove hot air with a blower. Under the ash fender (shelf) notice the opening for blower to push air under the firebox bottom, up the back, and out the upper front slot. This removes the heat from the hottest area around the flue vent pipe outlet.

The object with this appliance was installing into a masonry fireplace and removing the heat with hot air moving it forward to avoid heating the mass of the masonry. Fireplaces were built to absorb the heat and radiate it into the home. Unfortunately they also radiated heat outside when built into exterior walls and up through the roof. This brings more heat into the building than radiating rearward.

Unlisted stoves require 36 inches clearance to combustibles. Since this is not designed for clearances used as freestanding, you should maintain those minimum clearances or use approved shielding with ventilated air space if needed to be closer than 36 to combustibles. Stoves are also built with leg lengths that correspond with floor protection requirements. Since this was not tested on anything but a non-combustible surface, raising at least 6 inches, and installing on double cement board with 18 inches floor protection in all directions is advised.

You don’t have to use a blower, hot air will naturally rise out of the slot on top, but a blower increases efficiency and moves the heated air into a larger area much better.