For the bass catchers here!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jtakeman

Minister of Fire
Dec 30, 2008
Northwestern CT.
www.facebook.com
Here is a picture of my sons monster he caught in a local pond. Making it tough on pops this year in the big fish department.

Yes, Released to be caught again another day!

Attachments

• forum picture.jpg
    forum picture.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 610
Can you say HOG, that will be tough to top unless he tells you how. He must of had a good time landing that, a story he can tell the rest of his life.

great catch
zap

Wow. Thats a Big Fish Jay.. That sure makes a Father Proud. Even if you cant top it. (I know you want to though. hehehe). Good luck Fishing

I do feel he's earned it as he was always cheering me on when I hooked into the big one. Last year he watched pops catch a 8 plus and in 06 he watched me catch a 9. I had a good feeling he was going to have a good year. I though him how to use a bait caster for the first time this year and Bought him some really good equipment. I even loaded his bag with what I get the big ones with. The little stinker was even out casting me and my old equipment. So not only did he get all new rods and reels, I had to purchase some new stuff to keep up! Pops is spending more time figuring out how to use this new fangled gear.

The sad part is I wasn't there to see him haul it in! But to see the look in his eyes while telling his new fish tail was totally priceless! I am ever so proud of my little bass man! These are some of the best times we spend together and watching him catch up(grow) has been amazing! So I still think I'm winning! :cheese:

Very nice fish and great job with the catch and release. I've only caught two up over 7 pounds around here. The memories of that fish will last a lifetime. Cool parents take their kids fishing.

Wow, nice catch. He will never forget that one. It's a beauty. What did it weigh in at?

I'm guessin' 6.25 lbs

We are guessing some where around 6 LBS. or so. Length was 22" but he didn't measure the girth for an accurate weight.

Who is the "rapper" behind your son lol?
Nice fish....my 8 year old has me beat this year as well :)

Oh good, I thought you were going to name him Master T Bait.

Thats a very big fish. I've been bassin for 30 years, still cant buy a baitcaster. My biggest largemouth was 4 lbs 2 oz. The fish your boy caught could have almost swallowed mine. Did I miss how he caught it? Surface plug? Crank bait? Worm and bobber? (My 4 pounder was on a worm bobber when I was pan fishin, go figure)

My son is 2 years old. He cant fish yet, but I take him. He holds his rod and swings it around yelling "a fish a fish!" He does help me pick crawlers and he almost has the knack of picking up a bluegill without spiking his hand.

I cant wait until he becomes my fishing buddy

Sadly, too many kids these days just don't have the interest to go out into the great outdoors. Video games, internet, texting, etc. are what is the in thing to do. I grew up with scouting, camping, fishing, and being outdoors a lot in the winter. I will encourage my kids to do the same and teach them to appreciate what is around us.

The other sad part is that there are probably half as many kids out there that want to go outdoors and learn, but their parents don't have the interest to take them. I'm just doing my part, spreading knowledge and skills down to the little ones.

Thats either a huge bass or a real small kid! Either way great pic. You should be proud Jay.

Schoondog

schoondog said:
Thats either a huge bass or a real small kid! Either way great pic. You should be proud Jay.

Schoondog

Thanks bud! I am very proud of him. He's getting pretty competitive on our fishing trips. Pops needs to work hard to keep up(and sometimes don't fair to well!). I think its time he start running the boat, So I can sit back and fish for a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.