Free Chinease Elm in Nebraska-

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
OK, this may take a while, but who wants the wood? Location is 20 miles E. of Grand Island, 60 miles west of Lincoln, off of I-80. It will take a few months for everything to finalize, but they're gonna clear a 12 acre site to convert it to farm land. Let me know if you have any interest. The trees will all be down, and you will not be asked to clear slash. Just take what you want before they haul it off or burn it. PM me, I'll keep you posted. Thanks, JB

Boy, somebody should take advantage of that!

There's no rush on this Dennis. If someone is interested, I'll let them know, and that way they know what to plan for. There are a lot of trees on the property, but the Ash, Cedar, and Spruce are spoken for. If I was closer, I'd be all over it. Lots of wood there. BTW- it's a family property, so no worries about permission.

If only I still lived in Grand Island :(

Maybe if you retitled the thread, "Loads of Free Firewood Near Grand Isle, NE", more people who are interested would see it. As it is, it looks like a discussion of Chinese Elm.

Status
Not open for further replies.