Freezing Drizzle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Coming home today I decided to take this picture, we've been getting freezing drizzle since last night.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2294.jpg
    100_2294.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 510
It sure is pretty though!

I'm getting a snow storm right now going to last in till Monday.

corey21 said:
I'm getting a snow storm right now going to last in till Monday.

Corey21, Merry Christmas.

3-5 inches with freezing rain will make it tough sledding.

zap

I can take the 100" of snow with no problem but hate that freezing rain. Looks like we will probably get some next week. A big warm-up is expected. Well, it might as well, we've had our January weather already.

Backwoods Savage said:
I can take the 100" of snow with no problem but hate that freezing rain. Looks like we will probably get some next week. A big warm-up is expected. Well, it might as well, we've had our January weather already.

Same here . . . snow storms rarely knock out power or make the driving that bad . . . but freezing rain . . . that's a whole other story . . . makes the roads wicked slick and can really play havoc with the electrical lines.

Backwoods Savage said:

The road crews got out early in the morning and the roads were bare, they did a great job. Sav, we need a warm-up in the east so when you get it send it northeast.

zap

Zap, it is only about a week away. We're predicted to be 34 by Wednesday, 38 on Thursday, and then watch out; Friday and Saturday predicted 45!!! Spring already.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, it is only about a week away. We're predicted to be 34 by Wednesday, 38 on Thursday, and then watch out; Friday and Saturday predicted 45!!! Spring already.

Good deal, that kind of weather Quads will be cutting in a t-shirt.

zap

Marry Christmas to you to you to Zap.

Well i have foot of snow on the ground but spring is coming.

zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

zap
You're probably right Zap! T-shirt weather is forecast for here. 45°F by Friday and rain. They even issued a special weather bulletin about watching for river flooding by the end of this week.

quads said:
zapny said:
Backwoods Savage said:

zap
You're probably right Zap! T-shirt weather is forecast for here. 45°F by Friday and rain. They even issued a special weather bulletin about watching for river flooding by the end of this week.

33 Friday and 38 Saturday, Friday I'll start working on the area we will use in the spring and summer. Have some cherry and pine that is down in that area.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.