Gal's Gotta Do What A Gal's Gotta Do ...... (Pic Heavy)....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Working my butt off !!

003.JPG

Lotsa pine... once split, will be ready for the spring.

013.JPG

Next year, and beyond.

020.JPG

More to split & stack !

025.JPG

Top covering soon... these are the stacks I pull from until there's a blizzard :)

030.JPG

Back deck stash... the 3 rows to the left are coming on 3 years old... I want to burn all of this, this year, and rotate accordingly.

036.JPG

More to do .. the garbage can holds kindling. The 4' pallet is going to support that pine that's getting split. The pine has been in rounds for 2 years ... should be an interesting experiment !!!

Nice work, Dix. You're one tough chick! How many cords do you have there? do you burn in a typical year? Looks like you're doing great.

Reactions: Dix
Nice work, Dix. You're one tough chick! How many cords do you have there? do you burn in a typical year? Looks like you're doing great.

Thanks, Dom !!

I'm up 1 1/2 years ... last winter put a big plus on my stash (aside from Feb, which was a witch ! )

IF I can get to the stash of "to big's, to long, to whatever",, and process it, I'm at 3, easy.

I'll go through 3 cords easy for both stoves most years, last year was 4.

You go, girl! :cool: Wow, I see some big splits in there. Those must take a while to dry...

Dam Dix, looks like you'll have your work cut out for you for awhile.

The ideal workout IMHO. I lose 10lbs every winter. Unfortunately I spend all summer holed up inside in the air conditioning and the lbs add back up.

Reactions: CentralVAWoodHeat
Nice...

The ideal workout IMHO. I lose 10lbs every winter. Unfortunately I spend all summer holed up inside in the air conditioning and the lbs add back up.
I couldn't agree more. Most folks lose weight over the summer and get fat in the winter. I'm the opposite. Sitting on a tractor mowing fields all summer and cutting all winter. I can't wait.

Reactions: Gboutdoors
We're getting hit tonight with heavy rain and into tomorrow PM ... I covered the last batch that needed covering.

Great job, one of the best workouts plus all that to keep warm in the winter. Nice setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.