Gasket leak?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Ctwoodtick

Minister of Fire
Jun 5, 2015
Southeast CT
View attachment 193790 i have done dollar bill test on my door gasket an it comes up tight in most spot, but allows the bill to be pulled out with slight effort on door side. I noticed today that I have what looks like soot marks just outside of door on that side. I will replace as soon as possible. I was surprised to see this as I figured any small leak in gasket would only allow air in stove. Otherwise, stove appears to working well with dry wood and no blockage of liner or cap. I have not noticed smoke in the room when stove is in operation.
While I have carbon monoxide and smoke detectors in the house, is there reason for concern between now and when I can replace gasket? I am thinking mostly of carbon monoxide concerns.

This is a duplicate thread and can be deleted. Thanks