Getting Weak!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Apr 15, 2022
Maryland
This past Fall I was in full swing. CSSing every day, using those back muscles to swing the maul and chop the wood. I went through about 6 or 7 cords by hand. I have my three year supply. Now I can sit back and let the oak sizzle in the sunlight. But I’m resting. I don’t have to chop. I’m getting weak compared to last Fall. I’ll have to do some other exercises

Reactions: patrickk222
Just move the wood stack from one side of the yard to the other, repeat as neccessary;)

Either work outside (manually tilling a yard with a shovel), or get a rowing machine. Those work on legs, arms, and core/upper body strength (both front and back).
The disadvantage of any "sports machine" is that you're inside rather than excercising your body outside...