Good price on an Oslo f500?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

latitude45

Hearth Supporter
Oct 4, 2009
petoskey, mi
www.flickr.com
I have been looking for a used stove for my basement livingroom. What I assume is an Oslo f500 just appeared on CL for $650. I emailed the seller but they didn't know the model. Part of the side door handle is missing. Stove is 5 years old. Color is green.

27" Wide, 17" Deep, and 28" High

Going to look at the stove tomorrow afternoon.

aAuA1.jpg

N3uwl.jpg

RtKYw.jpg

That sure does look like an Oslo. The fall away handle is something you can still order or just use an allen key. The exact size escapes me right now. That stove also has a second stove tool for use of the ash pan door. I would be sure to ask about that one it was much more expensive.

That sounds like a good deal, make sure to look it over good. Check for cracks and warped pieces, if anything is warped, look everything over real close. That Oslo won't have fall away handles, all the handles should be attached to the stove. If you need to order a handle make sure to get handles that match the others on the stove. Enamel stoves came with nickel/chrome and the black had, well, black handles. Good luck

From Jotuls website the green f500 is enamel. But are things the same with an older 2005-6 stove?

That is correct, the green is enamel. Other than black, all colors were in porcelain enamel, the blue/black was just enamel paint. The '05-'06 would be the same as current, except the are switching to a cast iron baffle.

Status
Not open for further replies.