Good wood.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ohlongarm

Minister of Fire
Mar 18, 2011
Northeastern Ohio
Everything I'm burning is around this percentage, red oak, osage orange black locust.My junk wood is at about 15% cherry, ash, and red elm, no wonder the Blaze king is burning so long. Fresh splits tested prior to bringing inside.

best wood.jpg

"prior to bringing inside", so at 32 F...?
Then you may have to add about 3 pct for the proper value (the moisture meter is calibrated at 70 F).

"prior to bringing inside", so at 32 F...?
Then you may have to add about 3 pct for the proper value (the moisture meter is calibrated at 70 F).
I truthfully wouldn't know, how that works but the wood burns fantastic, plenty heat little to no significant coaling, and last night here -13 after a 12 hour burn the house was at 71. THX

Reactions: kennyp2339
18-19 pct will burn great.
Higher temps make for higher conductivity, and thus a higher moisture read out.

Im also in the boat... I'm loading the baby up and not many coals when the needle on the probe goes enactive, actually this morning I thought I would have to use a fire starter on my reload, thankfully no but really dry wood is burning very nice this year.